Solved

Conditional sales order invoice form based on order Type

• 24 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2

I have a customer with a very highly customized Sales Order Invoice form and needs to find a solution for improving the performance of printing the report.  The customizations are specific to an Order Type - format 1 prints for “RO” orders and format 2 prints for all other order types. Creating 2 unique report formats is one option however we would like a solution where the system automatically selects the correct report when the print action is selected.

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks!!

Michelle

icon

Best answer by darylbowman 24 July 2023, 22:04

View original

1 reply

Badge +11

I have a client who wanted to print different Invoice styles for different types of Orders. It wasn’t as easy, in their case, as using the Order Type, so I had to add a custom field for them to specify which version they wanted. Then I simply customized the Invoice report to show or hide the sections they wanted to see based upon the style. For instance, I duplicated the ARTran section three times and changed which fields would show in each section. Then a simple visibility statement determines which one is shown.

Another way to go could be to customize the report action to conditionally launch one report or another. I believe this would need to be a code customization.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved