Solved

Change destination of two step transfer

• 28 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi team,

Our logistics team has a use case to re-route/change the destination warehouse of our imported inventory. Is there a way to update the destination of a TR or let any location receive a TR?

Our current solution would be an additional 1 step transfer to adjust planned to final destination however this would cause issues with recording landed cost as well as being additional admin.

Appreciate the help!

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 5 April 2023, 14:34

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @kandybeatty49,

At the point of;

• Transfer Order status ‘completed’
  • Shipment type ‘transfer’ status ‘completed’

An operational requirement arises to divert the goods from the SO TR defined destination (Warehouse B) to a different location (Warehouse C). These are typically international imports so attract landed cost.

For then our record keeping to reflect what happened - how can a Transfer Receipt at Warehouse C receive the transfer order which Acumatica has been told to expect to arrive at Warehouse B?

My team tells me that with FIFO costing in acumatica if the quantity has been moved before landed cost recorded then the cost layers don’t stay connected to that qty and are directly charged to P&L (which we understandably need to avoid), so doing the moves as A to B to C is unlikely to work. We would like to be able to do A to C.

Thanks

HI @chrisgold 

Once the Transfer Order is completed, you can not change anything on it though. 

The only suggestion I would have is to do an inventory transaction of a transfer. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @kandybeatty49,

At the point of;

• Transfer Order status ‘completed’
  • Shipment type ‘transfer’ status ‘completed’

An operational requirement arises to divert the goods from the SO TR defined destination (Warehouse B) to a different location (Warehouse C). These are typically international imports so attract landed cost.

For then our record keeping to reflect what happened - how can a Transfer Receipt at Warehouse C receive the transfer order which Acumatica has been told to expect to arrive at Warehouse B?

My team tells me that with FIFO costing in acumatica if the quantity has been moved before landed cost recorded then the cost layers don’t stay connected to that qty and are directly charged to P&L (which we understandably need to avoid), so doing the moves as A to B to C is unlikely to work. We would like to be able to do A to C.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @chrisgold 

What is the status of those orders? Also, can you explain in more detail the current steps and what you are trying to accomplish?

Userlevel 1

Hi @kandybeatty49 our current process is to transfer through sales order

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @chrisgold 

Are the TR’s that you are doing, are they Inventory based? 

Inventory > Transfers

Or are they Sales Order based? 

Sales Order > Order Type > TR

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved