Solved

Approval Workflow for Bills and Adjustments using a PO Number

• 12 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi,

I am trying to create an A/P Approval Workflow so it’s based off who entered a PO that is linked to a Project or Owner who created the PO under Purchases. 

Sometimes this workflow will require a 2 step approval process or a 1 step based on who entered the PO. I can’t get it to work. Here is my configuration. What am I doing wrong. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Here is Step 1:

Here is the Condition for Step 1: 

Here is the Rule for Step 1:

Here is Step 2: 

Condition for Step 2:

Rule for Step 2:

icon

Best answer by Laura02 12 November 2022, 12:34

View original

2 replies

Badge +18

Hello @FrancesPantelidakis24 ,

I think the Conditions tab of the Rule (not the Step) level, shown in your second screen shot need to be adjusted.

I think you are trying to send bills/PO’s entered by “Employee 1” to Aaron and send bills entered by “Employee 2” to Amy.

In this case the Conditions tab will need the exact ID of the employee whose bills are being routed - like this example :

I recommend against using exact Employees in Approvals because employees come and go … if we configure as shown, when employees are promoted or retired, approvals must be continually adjusted until the end of time.

If you can find a way, such as by Department of the Employee or Title of the employee, amount of bill, project on the bill, etc. that is more generic and won’t cause ongoing maintenance of approval maps, more generic conditions will be preferred. 

Can you provide more information about in what circumstances you need the second level approvals?  Such as, When the $$ is over a certain limit?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@laura01 

Thanks for the information. I was able to find something that was able to work.

Thanks,

Frances

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved