Solved

Access rights by role revert back to inherited when I try to change it

• 31 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi all,

Whenever I try to modify a role access right (in this case for remove credit hold under sales orders), it reverts back to ‘inherited’ when I save it. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by ed.goodman 31 January 2023, 21:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hello @aidenwills15 

If the value you are attempting to change reverts back to Inherited, it means the level above it is set to Inherited as well.  I will attempt to illustrate here.

For this example, I am attempting to change access rights for the Add Invoice node, but it reverts back to Inherited.

The reason for this is the Sales Order node at the level above is also set to Inherited.

The solution here is to define the Sales Order node accordingly, then you will be able to define the node below that.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @aidenwills15 

If the value you are attempting to change reverts back to Inherited, it means the level above it is set to Inherited as well.  I will attempt to illustrate here.

For this example, I am attempting to change access rights for the Add Invoice node, but it reverts back to Inherited.

The reason for this is the Sales Order node at the level above is also set to Inherited.

The solution here is to define the Sales Order node accordingly, then you will be able to define the node below that.

Hope this helps!

Hello @ed.goodman, and thank you for the reply!

This has fixed it. I appreciate all the help!

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@aidenwills15 

You are welcome!

Glad I could help!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved