"value": "1"

}

This request is fully workable.

Bill is successfully created, however these 2 fields are missed

I can add them only via “Enter AP Bill” button

How to do same via request ?

Is is possible to omit actions usage ?

If not, how to do it properly

Previously, I had experience with default actions for Bill that are depicted at screen

For using them it was enough to send such request 

How to same with subcontracts ?

Client’s Acumatica already contains such actions for this entity

I assume that I need to use addSubContractLines action as I need to add these fields to Bill’s columns in Details

However this action does not contain any parameters

My question is : how to use action for adding these custom fields : SubcontractNbr and SubcontractLine to Bill and how to form such request ?

Thanks in Advance

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Ivan ,

Select the endpoint and the Bills Entity, select the Details, and click on the Extend the entity. Then click on the + button and add the custom fields.

Then check with the API call with the fields.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Ivan ,

Select the endpoint and the Bills Entity, select the Details, and click on the Extend the entity. Then click on the + button and add the custom fields.

Hi @jinin 

Thanks for response

I have added these fields previously to endpoint. Maybe I have done it in wrong way ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Ivan ,

Hi @jinin 

Thanks for response

I have added these fields previously to endpoint. Maybe I have done it in wrong way ?

Able to update the fields on the screen?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Ivan ,

Hi @jinin 

Thanks for response

@jinin I did not understand, how to update ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Ivan ,

Hi @jinin 

Thanks for response

Able to add values for these fields and save records?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Ivan ,

Hi @jinin 

Thanks for response

NO

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Ivan ,

Hi @jinin 

Thanks for response

Result remains the same

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Ivan ,

Hi @jinin 

Thanks for response

NO

If unable to do on the screen, API call also should not support. Please review this issue first. Then try with the endpoint.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Ivan ,

Hi @jinin 

Thanks for response

NO

If unable to do on the screen, API call also should not support. Please review this issue first. Then try with the endpoint.

@jinin  I can’t input it manually here

only can do this via this button “eNTER aP BILL”

which is located in subcontract item 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Ivan

Try like below

• Add the addSubcontractLine action. Populate the field from Details

• Add the field “SubcontractNbr”. Try the same with post man

Request:

{
"entity": {
"ReferenceNbr": {
"value": "002962"
},
"Type": {
"value": "Bill"
}
},
"parameters": {
"SubcontractNbr": {
"value": "SC-000034"
}

}
}

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Ivan

Try like below

Request:

{
},
}
},
}

}
}

Thank you very much. I will check it now and let you know

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Ivan

Try like below

Request:

{
},
}
},
}

}
}

I receive such error 

{

"message": "An error has occurred.",

"exceptionMessage": "Bill.CashDiscountDate: 'Cash Discount Date' cannot be empty.\nBill.DueDate: 'Due Date' cannot be empty.\nBill.PostPeriod: Error: The 02-2023 financial period is inactive in the MISTICK company.\nBill.Terms: 'Terms' cannot be empty.\nBill.Vendor: 'Vendor' cannot be empty.\nBill.VendorRef: 'Vendor Ref.' cannot be empty.\n'VendorLocationID' cannot be empty.\nVendorLocationID: 'VendorLocationID' cannot be empty.",

"exceptionType": "PX.Api.ContractBased.OutcomeEntityHasErrorsException",

"stackTrace": "   at PX.Api.ContractBased.EntityService.GetOperationResult(EntityImpl entity, EntityExportContextBuilder entityExportContextBuilder, PXSYTable exportedKeys, PXOuterException contextError, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean addCancelCommand)\r\n   at PX.Api.ContractBased.EntityService.Put(ISystemContract systemContract, String version, String name, EntityImpl entity, CbOperationContext operationContext, Boolean throwOnError)\r\n   at PX.Api.ContractBased.Soap.SoapFacadeBase.PutImpl(EntityImpl entity, Boolean throwOnValidationError)\r\n   at PX.Api.ContractBased.SystemContracts.V2.RestController.PutEntity(EntityImpl entity, String select, String filter, String expand, String custom)\r\n   at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass6_2.<GetExecutor>b__2(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken)\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionAsyncCore>d__1.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<CallOnActionExecutedAsync>d__6.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<CallOnActionExecutedAsync>d__6.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<ExecuteActionFilterAsyncCore>d__5.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<CallOnActionExecutedAsync>d__6.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<CallOnActionExecutedAsync>d__6.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<ExecuteActionFilterAsyncCore>d__5.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__5.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Filters.AuthorizationFilterAttribute.<ExecuteAuthorizationFilterAsyncCore>d__3.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ExceptionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__6.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ExceptionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__6.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.HttpControllerDispatcher.<SendAsync>d__15.MoveNext()"

}

Is there any specials requirements to do this ? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Ivan

Try like below

Request:

{
},
}
},
}

}
}

I receive such error 

{

"exceptionMessage": "Bill.CashDiscountDate: 'Cash Discount Date' cannot be empty.\nBill.DueDate: 'Due Date' cannot be empty.\nBill.PostPeriod: Error: The 02-2023 financial period is inactive in the MISTICK company.\nBill.Terms: 'Terms' cannot be empty.\nBill.Vendor: 'Vendor' cannot be empty.\nBill.VendorRef: 'Vendor Ref.' cannot be empty.\n'VendorLocationID' cannot be empty.\nVendorLocationID: 'VendorLocationID' cannot be empty.",

}

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Ivan

Try like below

Request:

{
},
}
},
}

}
}

I receive such error 

{

}

No special requirements.

Step 1  -Make a PUT call to create a Bill (Same you are using to create a Bill)
Step 2- Make a second call to update the SubcontractNbr using the post API call.

We can't do both at a time.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Ivan

Try like below

Request:

{
},
}
},
}

}
}

I receive such error 

{

}

No special requirements.

Step 1  -Make a PUT call to create a Bill (Same you are using to create a Bill)
Step 2- Make a second call to update the SubcontractNbr using the post API call.

We can't do both at a time.

I created new subcontract. but I still got this error 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Did you follow the below steps?

• Create a Bill using PUT call.
  • Create a subcontract 

• Make sure on the bills and adjustment screen, your newly created subcontact showing on the AddSubcontractline popup like below

- Make a POST call to update the bill with the newly created sub-contract.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

• Create a subcontract 

• Make sure on the bills and adjustment screen, your newly created subcontact showing on the AddSubcontractline popup like below

I found strange behavior

I do know why, but my Bills are created with “Closed state”. How to fix that ?

Here is my request 

{

"VendorRef": {

"value": "123421"

},

"DueDate": {

"value": "3/2/2023"

},

"Vendor": {

"value": "V-02072"

},

"Date": {

"value": "1/31/2023"

},

"Terms": {

"value": "PWP"

},

"PostPeriod": {

"value": "01-2023"

},

"Details": [

{

"Description": {

"value": "Line 001 - Gypcrete"

},

"Qty": {

"value": 1000

},

"UnitCost": {

"value": "34573.2"

},

"ExtendedCost": {

"value": "34573.2"

},

"Account": {

"value": "5430"

},

"rowNumber": {

"value": "1"

}

}

]

}

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

• Create a subcontract 

There is also problem with 3 step that you have advised : “Make sure on the bills and adjustment screen, your newly created subcontact showing on the AddSubcontractline popup like below

I tried to create new subcontract + tries to select the existing one but none of them is depicted it this section

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I used the below request (PUT Method) to create a Bill without line details. When we make another request to add the subcontract details, the line details will add automatically

{
"VendorRef": {
"value": "123421"
},
"DueDate": {
"value": "3/2/2023"
},
"Vendor": {
"value": "PLUMBING"
},
"Terms": {
"value": "30D"
}
}

Please make sure the same vendor you are using creates Bills and subcontracts. The subcontract should be open status.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I used the below request (PUT Method) to create a Bill without line details. When we make another request to add the subcontract details, the line details will add automatically

{
},
},
},
}
}

Please make sure the same vendor you are using creates Bills and subcontracts. The subcontract should be open status.

I got a problem, without no reason it is created with closed state 

Here is my request

{

"value": "12343521"

},

"Hold": {

"value": true

},

},

},

},

},

}

}

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

{
},
},
},
}
}

Currently I have 2 problems :

1. as you suggested

Make sure on the bills and adjustment screen, your newly created subcontact showing on the AddSubcontractline popup like below

I tried to create new subcontract + tries to select the existing one but none of them is depicted it this section

1. I do not know why, but all bills are created with “closed” 

Here is my request 

{

"value": "12343521"

},

"Hold": {

"value": true

},

},

},

},

},

}

}

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Ivan 

Am not sure the reason why the bills were created with closed status. You can check with different vendors and try.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Ivan 

Am not sure the reason why the bills were created with closed status. You can check with different vendors and try.

Ok, but what I should do with this - 

as you suggested
“Make sure on the bills and adjustment screen, your newly created subcontract showing on the AddSubcontractline popup like below”

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Ivan 

Hi @jinin 

Can you suggest how to resolve this - 

as you suggested
“Make sure on the bills and adjustment screen, your newly created subcontract showing on the AddSubcontractline popup like below”

I tried to create new subcontract and tried to select the existing one subcontract but none of them is depicted at this section. What should I check ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Ivan ,

I’ve created a subcontract like below,

I can able to get the subcontract details on the AP Bill screen

Not sure why you are not getting the details.  ​​​​​​​

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved