Solved

Is 'Notes' a reserved column name?

• 28 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +11

I just spent an hour and a half troubleshooting an issue with a persisted string field defaulting to zero (0) and not allowing updates to it.

It seems there was an issue with column name ‘Notes’.

There is nothing detailed here about ‘Notes’ being a reserved column name; only ‘NoteID’.

Is this a bug in 22.209.0029?

icon

Best answer by vardan22 30 November 2023, 11:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @darylbowman,

From my testing in 22R209 using Sales Order and Shipments screens, I wasn’t able to reproduce the issue. I was able to create a Custom field UsrNotes and was able to save/retrieve the values without any issues.

Can you please share more details like, steps to reproduce, is the issue specific to screens, or share a customization package using which we could reproduce the issue? 

Thanks,

Badge +11

Hey @Vignesh Ponnusamy,

The table was entirely custom, therefore the column name was ‘Notes’, not ‘UsrNotes’.

Here’s the field definition:

#region Notes
[PXDBString(2000, IsUnicode = true, InputMask = "")]
[PXUIField(DisplayName = "Notes")]
public virtual string Notes { get; set; }
public abstract class notes : PX.Data.BQL.BqlString.Field<notes> { }
#endregion

Badge +11

I'm now a little confused because in the same package were other custom tables with 'Notes' columns that have no issues, but for whatever reason, renaming the column to 'Note' fixed it and changing it back to 'Notes' broke it once more.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I did some research and discovered that the word Notes is reserved and used in parts of the web UI controls.
Look at the screenshot below:

The "string field defaulting to zero (0)" text makes me think that this is due to PXGridRow

By the way, looks like the word "Files" is also reserved.

Badge +11

Thanks @vardan22 

I wouldn't have thought to look there, but that makes sense.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved