Solved

Aligning fields after adding a Form control

• 6 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I have a custom screen with some fields in a column. I need to add fields from another view into the same column so I added a Form control. However, once I’ve done so, the alignment of the Form seems to be offset to the left.

Rendered output
Current setup in the screen designer

What setting/property am I missing?

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 6 June 2023, 07:04

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi Community,

Acumatica also allow to add field from another table (another View object) to any Form, Tab or Panel by this approach: DataField = “nameOfView.UsrAnyFieldName”

<px:PXNumberEdit runat="server" ID="CstUsrProductWeight" DisplayFormat="##0.000000" CommitChanges="True" DataField="Item.UsrProductWeight" />

My custom Tab has Form that based on one table and View object, but I add field to Tab from InventoryItem table on Stock Item screen:

Just sharing for anyone who reach this post. I was having a similar issue, this solution didn't work 100% for me but I added the following property to the Form and it worked:

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing this with the community @edsousa!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Django  Have you added the PXLayOutRule in the .aspx page like below?

<px:PXLayoutRule runat="server" StartColumn="True" LabelsWidth="M" ControlSize="XM" />

If the above is not fixed, please share the customization project here, if possible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That did it!  Thank you!

Updated Screen Designer configuration
Fields now in alignment

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Awesome :) Thanks for sharing the update!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved