Skip to main content
Question

Select Employees only see there own sales quotes and orders.

• 17 July 2024
  • 9 replies

anyone know to set this up? 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @SunnyM 

You create new Generic Inquiry for Sales Quotes and Sales Orders. Then create conditions for these new GIs to be Owner to see them.

Then you create Access Right for employees who use the GIs created above.

Please refer to the post below.

Best Regards,

NNT

Badge

and this will not effect anything currently in the SO/Quotes functionality for the rest of the employees? Thank you. 

Badge

Hi @nhatnghetinh, thank you for that. When it comes to sales orders they will only have access to view. Someone else will process the quote to a sales order. That person will need access to both the current SO module and the one that I create will that still work if you know? 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @SunnyM were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Badge

Hello, not yet. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@SunnyM one thing i’ve done on the construction side was create a saved filter using the @me function.  you could do this for both the sales quote and sales order screens.  it will show up as a filter on the top of the page and users can go directly to their tab to view only their SO and sales quotes. 

this was something that already existed in the sales demo, here’s what the sales quote inquiry looks like and i’ll include the Sales Orders one right after:

the “my sales order” tab using the created by property but from experience, I know the created by and owners can be different.  You can add conditions related to order type or statuses, depending on what your business needs are!

hope this helps!

Badge

@iqraharrison thank you for that. I have tried it but is there a way if to prevent them from removing the filter? 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@SunnyM You could incorporate the condition into the GI itself, but unfortunately it would apply to everyone. If you wanted someone who could be able to see all the orders, you’d have to have a separate GI that the restricted users don’t have access to. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @SunnyM 

Please refer this article about - How to configure owner-specific visibility in a substitute form to see if that helps