Skip to main content
Solved

Where can I put detailed scope of work, inclusions, exclusions in a subcontract?

• 26 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Is thre a way to add more details that will be printed on subcontracts? Or is the line description field the only space? 

Other softwares I’ve used include a scope of work summary that will print before the individual subcontract lines, as well as having specific fields where inclusions or exclusions can be specified. 

At the moment the character limit and lack of formatting available for the line description field is way too limited to enter all the necessary information for a subcontract. 

Note I am currently on 2023 R2 

Thanks in advance!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Epapadimas hi! do you have report designer installed on your local computer?  that’s what acumatica uses to modify reports which can help with changing spacing and formatting.  

here’s a link i found on the community regarding character limits: 

if you do not have report designer, here’s another link that should provide more instructions!

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

@iqraharrison Thank you! I do not currently have access to the report designer but I should actually be getting it soon. 

I guess the best way to add what we need is to create some custom fields with expanded character limits, then customize the report to include those new fields in the printed subcontract. 

Thank you for sending the above link, I think this method will achieve exactly what we need. 

Regards,   

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Epapadimas happy to help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Epapadimas 

Along with what @iqraharrison  suggested, you can also attach other files to the subcontract and print those off until you get report writer. 

Attach the files: