Skip to main content
Solved

The generic inquiry loads smoothly, but the pivot table is significantly slower to load

• 17 July 2024
  • 7 replies

Hi,

I’ve created a Generic Inquiry titled “Project (Cost & Revenue),” and it runs smoothly. However, the pivot table takes a considerable amount of time to load.

Could anyone provide insights or assistance on how to improve the performance of the pivot table? I’ve attached the GI and pivot table XML for your reference.

Thanks 

7 replies

Hi,

I’d like to highlight that I’ve created an attribute called PROJTYPE in the project screen and mapped in the generic inquiry screen. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

How many records are outputted in the GI. We have seen this if the record count is large the pivot table can be very slow.

Hi @dcomerford 

Thanks for your reply. records are around 40k. but GI is loading within few seconds. however, pivot is taking considerable amount to load.

Thanks 😐

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@pankaj65 i’ve noticed screens get faster as you use them more often, however 40K is a lot of records so it may just take some time to sort through the data

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @pankaj65 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Hi @Chris Hackett

Yes, I was able to find a solution to the issue.

I grouped the GI by project, project task, and the financial period of the project transaction, which reduced the number of transactions in the GI result grid. This resolved the issue with the pivot table loading.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @pankaj65!