Skip to main content
Question

Project Quotes Closed - Unable to correct/Edit

• 24 June 2024
  • 8 replies

Good day,

I am trying to figure out why Project Quote/Quote correction/edit function is not available to my users.  As the administrator, the correction feature is unavailable.

I check my roles and access rights.  

Where could this feature be hiding?

Thank you.

Evan

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @grillevan Are you referring Edit option in Correction→  Project quote

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@grillevan has the quote been converted to a project? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@grillevan, I have found that you can only edit a PQ when it is in Prepared status. If I have Closed a PQ and want to reopen or edit, I make a copy of the quote and then I can make whatever changes are necessary. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you all for your feedback.

@Manikanta Dhulipudi   Yes.  

@iqraharrison  Yes.  The quote has been converted to a project.  I want to delete the project.  I get errors

@mike.gillum Thank you.  It is rather cumbersome.  The user wants to delete the project, open the quote and convert to a new project.  I don’t think the workflow allows for this scernario.

@grillevan 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@grillevan  i believe you can only delete the project if there is not activity tied to it.  you can try to delete it by clicking the trashcan on the project. that should remove the link to the project quote and allow you to edit the quote again.  

what error are you getting when you try to delete the project?  can you share a screenshot?

Userlevel 2
Badge

@iqraharrison  See the Trace error.

Trace Log: When trying to delete a Project with in planning as status.

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)

at PX.Data.ReferentialIntegrity.Merging.ReferenceMerger.MergeReferences(IEnumerable`1 mergingTypes, Func`2 getReferencesFor, Boolean childrenSubstitution)

at PX.Data.ReferentialIntegrity.Merging.ReferenceMerger.MergeReferences(IReadOnlyDictionary`2 collectedReferences)

at PX.Data.ReferentialIntegrity.Merging.TableMergedReferencesInspector.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<.ctor>b__0(Task _)

at System.Threading.Tasks.ContinuationResultTaskFromTask`1.InnerInvoke()

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

at PX.Data.ReferentialIntegrity.Merging.ReferenceMerger.MergeReferences(IEnumerable`1 mergingTypes, Func`2 getReferencesFor, Boolean childrenSubstitution)

at PX.Data.ReferentialIntegrity.Merging.ReferenceMerger.MergeReferences(IReadOnlyDictionary`2 collectedReferences)

at PX.Data.ReferentialIntegrity.Merging.TableMergedReferencesInspector.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<.ctor>b__0(Task _)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)

at PX.Data.ReferentialIntegrity.Merging.TableMergedReferencesInspector.<>c.<.ctor>b__3_1(Task`1 mergeTask)

at System.Threading.Tasks.ContinuationResultTaskFromResultTask`2.InnerInvoke()

---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()<---

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)

at PX.Data.ReferentialIntegrity.Merging.TableMergedReferencesInspector.GetIncomingReferencesApplicableTo(Type bqlTable)

at PX.Data.ReferentialIntegrity.Attributes.Handlers.ParentDeletingHandler.GetReferencesToHandle(Type tableToHandle, IEnumerable`1 alreadyHandledDescendants)

at PX.Data.ReferentialIntegrity.Attributes.Handlers.ParentDeletingHandler.HandleImpl()

at PX.Data.ReferentialIntegrity.Attributes.PXReferentialIntegrityCheckAttribute.HandleChildrenRows(PXCache cache, Object parentRow, Boolean persisting)

at PX.Data.PXCache.AttributeHandlersSquasher`1.<>c__DisplayClass2_0`1.<To>b__0(PXCache cache, TArgs args)

at PX.Data.PXCache.OnRowDeleting(Object item, Boolean externalCall)

at PX.Data.PXCache`1.Delete(Object data, Boolean bypassinterceptor)

at PX.Data.PXParentAttribute.RowDeleted(PXCache sender, PXRowDeletedEventArgs e)

at PX.Data.PXRowDeleted.Invoke(PXCache sender, PXRowDeletedEventArgs e)

at PX.Data.PXCache.OnRowDeleted(Object item, Boolean externalCall)

at PX.Data.PXCache`1.Delete(Object data, Boolean bypassinterceptor)

at PX.Data.PXSelectBase`1.Delete(Table item)

at PX.Objects.PM.ProjectEntry.<delete>b__192_0()

at PX.Concurrency.CancellationIgnorantExtensions.RunWithCancellationViaThreadAbort(Action method, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at PX.Concurrency.CancellationIgnorantExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<ToCancellationViaThreadAbort>b__0(CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at PX.Concurrency.Internal.PXLongOperationPars.PopAndRunDelegate(CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at PX.Concurrency.Internal.RuntimeLongOperationManager.PerformOperation(PXLongOperationPars p)

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @grillevan were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Chris Hackett 

Our VAR figured it was an issue with EBIZ connection.  They were going to reach out and see if they had update.  The solution was to unpublish EBIZ, delete the invoices and republish the customization.  Not the best solution.  Still waiting on the VAR for a resolution.

Evan