Question

Project Allocation post to wrong period after change in Date Source Configuration

• 3 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi All, 

I have changed the allocation rule configuration>Date Source from original transaction to Allocation Date. We have existing automation schedule for this. So, what we do is we turn off the automation schedule 10/31/2023 and change the date source configuration and turn on the automation 11/1/2023.

I expect to post the allocation on the period when I run the allocation. Which is 11-2023 but there are some transactions that has been posted to 10-2023 period as screenshot shows. 

These transactions are from 10/31/2023 then the allocation automation runs at 11/01/2023. I expect that since I have changed the allocation date configuration to “Allocation Date”, these will post to 11-2023 period since the allocation runs 11/01/2023.

Does the transaction previously created and posted already before the change in configuration carries the previous configuration?

Appreciate any insights on this.

Thank you very much. 

Regards, 
Anne Samson

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @ASamson21 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ASamson21 could you share the allocation rule steps and calculation rules?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved