Solved

How to best manage equipment sell rate per project in Acumatica & MYOB Advanced

• 29 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi,

Currently we have to create different sequence under rate lookup screen to map sell/charge rate by project and by equipment (Non stock item) and in some cases client is having so many equipment for each project and because of this we have to create different sequence under rate lookup screen to assign the sell/charge rate by project & by inventory, refer to below screenshot.

Therefore is there any way we can easily achieve this, without creating different sequence for each project & equipment/non stock item to define sell rate. which will then be use under billing rule. 

I would really appreciate if some one can advise me on above point. 

Thanks 

Pankaj 

icon

Best answer by Laura02 29 June 2023, 11:19

View original

1 reply

Badge +18

Hello,

If your company has rapidly changing costs for equipment or many different billing rates for the same equipment depending on the project & customer, versus a standard price for each piece of equipment, you may find maintaining these different prices to be challenging no matter how it is configured.

Consider using standard prices per equipment or a standard markup from equipment cost.

You may like to explore use of Equipment features of Acumatica versus non-stock items. Project Equipment features may more closely align with the needs of a company that regularly uses Equipment on Projects. (Look for Y o u T u b e videos or posts on this community about Project Equipment and ask your Partner).

Instead of using Rate Tables, consider using a few different Billing Rules on the Equipment lines of the project, with different Markup in place of ‘Rate’ on the billing rule Invoice Settings. Notice, individual Project Tasks may have a different Billing Rule from the rest of the project if needed.

I hope some of my ideas help you.  I expect other posters will follow with even more ideas.  Good luck!

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved