Solved

How do I set up a Business Event that is always sent to the same email address?

Userlevel 4
Badge

I’m creating a business event that will notify our Payroll Department every time a job is marked certified, however I’m running into an issue getting the correct information in the “To” line of the email template. I created the GI with all the information that is needed, but there isn’t a field I can reference where the correct email address would pull from as it will always need to go to the same email address.

I saw a video the other day where an extra column was added to the GI for the email address and set with a fixed result.  I’ve added this to my GI, but when I test, the email is not going through, and now I can’t find the video to troubleshoot. It would be great if I could just enter the email address itself into the “To” line, but from my understanding that is not possible. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help! 

icon

Best answer by dcomerford 4 January 2024, 12:23

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

You can just add the email address as a column on the GI like below the object does not matter. Just enclose the email address with a single inverted commas

Then it will populate on every line of the GI and you can use it in the To in the email template

Userlevel 4
Badge

@dcomerford There isn’t any specific coding that is needed in the “To” line of the email template? The above is how I currently have the GI set, but when I enter the email address in the “To” line and test nothing comes up in the emails pending processing. There’s also nothing listed in the business event history. We’re on 2023 R1 if that helps. Not sure what else I could be missing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@mnecaise Can you share the GI, Business Event and the Email template please and i will have a look.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@mnecaise You should be able to hard code the TO email address in the email template or does this not work for you ?

Userlevel 4
Badge

@dsimmerly I’ve tried to enter just the email address in the To line of the template and it’s not working. It may be something with the Business Event itself that is causing the issue. 

@dcomerford I’m not exactly sure how to share, so I’ve attached some screenshots. Let me know if there is an easy way to share or if there is anything else you need to see. I’ve changed up the Business Event several times because it seems like every article I read says something different about how it needs to be set up. Thanks! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@mnecaise - 1) do you have other BE that are emailing properly but not this one?  2) are you sure the BE is triggering and thus not send the email or is the BE not triggering and reason you are not seeing the email…. you cab see this in the BE history

Userlevel 4
Badge

@dsimmerly No, this is the first BE we are trying to create. We have only been in Acumatica for a couple of months, so still trying to learn and set up all the things we need to fully function out of the system. Both my emails pending processing and the BE history are empty. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@mnecaise If the history is empty them the BE is not triggering not just not sending an email.   Based on above the BE seems to be set up correctly.  If creating a new record in the GI and there is no trigger you may want to try to restart your application to see if this helps (often recommended by support) and / or open a case with support

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@mnecaise Can you show me what is on the Subscriber tab on the Business Event

As @dsimmerly says if the business event history is clear then it is not kicking. I would suggest you ensure the key fields on the PMProject and PMProjectRevenueTotals are on the Results Tab. You can get these from the the DAC Schema Browser so for PMProject you need to ensure BaseType is there.

For PMProjectRevenue Total you will need the ProjectID. I cannot see from your screenshot if you have any other tables in the GI.

On the BE i would have the Track all fields ticked although probably does not matter as you have record inserted as the trigger.

FYI to export these its under the icon on the toolbar 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@dcomerford I have added the additional data fields noted above to the results tab and also changed fields to track to all. Unfortunately, it still isn’t working. Here is a screenshot of the subscriber tab, and I have also attached the XML’s

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@mnecaise The reason your Business Event is not working is because you have a Grouping on the GI. The only way this will work was if you Schedule the Business Event it wont work for record inserted.

However i dont believe you need the Grouping as there is only one record in the ProjectRevenueTotal table per project.

Remove the Grouping and change the formula on the this results row to 

=([PMProjectRevenueTotal.CuryActualAmount]/[PMProjectRevenueTotal.CuryRevisedAmount])*100

Also add the following row for the ContractID for the PMProject

You also need to populate the From Email address on your template. It should work then

Userlevel 4
Badge

@dcomerford Thank you for all your help. I removed the grouping and also went ahead and removed the results row with the formula since the result was irrelevant to when I want the notification sent. That did the trick, it’s working as it should now. Thank you again!!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved