Solved

T190 Course - Cannot Deploy Acumatica Framework Tools

• 17 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I followed instructions for: initial Configuration/Step 1: Preparing the Environment

• Successfully installed AcumaticaERP, with Debugger Tools (NOTE; I did NOT install Acumatica Framework)
  • Acumatica was installed on my PC at C:\Program Files\Acumatica ERP\AcumaticaERP

I followed the instructions for: Step 2: Deploying the Needed Acumatica EPR Instance for the Training Course

• The PhoneRepairShop instance was installed on my I PC at: C:\Program Files\Acumatica ERP\PhoneRepairShop

I followed the instructions for Lesson 1: Creating a Customization Project

• I set up the downloaded Acumatica code from Github, at: C:\Acumatica\Help-and-Training-Examples-202R2
  • I successfully completed the step: Loading the Items to the PhoneRepairShop Customization Project

I followed the instructions for: Step 3: Binding the Extension LIbrary

• I copied the PhoneRepairShip_Code folder to C:\Acumatica\PhoneRepairShop\Projects
  • I then Opened Visual Studio (2019 Community Edition) to build the project
    • The build failed with over 1205 errors
    • After reviewing other topics in the Community, I changed the Reference to each of the PX components, to:   C:|Program Files\Acumatica ERP/AcumaticaERP\bin\PX…..
    • This reduced the errors to 67
    • Again, per other Topic responses, I am NOW trying to Deploy the Acumatica Framework Tools, BUT the Acumatica ERP Configuration Wizard does NOT display this option. I see references that the Tools are deployed from the Framework Configuration Wizard, but I did not install the Acumatica Framework, as this was not included in the instructions.

Questions:

1. There was no mention of installing the Acumatica Framework, and other references noted that if you install Acumatice ERP, you do NOT need to install the Acumatica Framework. Is this true?
  2. Is it ONLY possible to Deploy the Framework Tools from the Framework Configuration Wizard?
  3. Why did I have to change the ‘References’ on EACH of the missing ‘PX….’ references? Is there a way to just add the ‘/bin  folder to a reference ‘path’, one time, to get all the associated PX…. components?

Thank you!

Randy

icon

Best answer by rcreasy 18 April 2023, 17:50

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I am running into this same issue. Is there a solution?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@rdennisj57 I took the course not too long ago but did not get such errors.

I double checked the guide:

Copy the Customization\T190\SourceFiles\PhoneRepairShop_Code folder to the App_Data\Projects folder of the Acumatica ERP instance that you have prepared for this training course.

But you said you copied it to C:\Acumatica\PhoneRepairShop\Projects

Not sure if it has anything to do with it.

Since you are not too far in the course, maybe you could try to install a new instance and start fresh.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@rdennisj57 DO you know anything about the Framework questions? I have an instance running locally. But, I get the missing namespace or type error in Visual Studio. DO I need to install the framework? If so, how? (the option to install from the installer is not a menu choice for me)

Userlevel 3
Badge

I found that the Framework Tools has been deprecated.
I went back and started the entire process over. All worked as described in T190

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @rcreasy !

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved