Solved

How to enable users to login to sandbox restored in pcs environment

• 28 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Our production is hosted in Acumatica SAAS environment and users login using Active Directory.  We created a new instances in our PCS environment for Testing purposes and restored  a snapshot of production.  

Can someone please share how I change our sandbox to enable the users to login using their existing user ids so they still maintain all their previous roles and have their favorites, dashboards etc.    

icon

Best answer by eudescoelho29 18 April 2024, 17:33

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

We have the same issue with Customers and their upgrade sandbox: they can’t log in to the sandbox because of Active Directory.

They are using Active Directory in their production environment, but this doesn’t work in their sandbox.

All of their notifications, approval maps, etc are tied to their employee id’s that are linked to their AD user accounts.

How do we get them into the sandbox?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi,

Some of our customers (also in SAAS) use SSO with Active Directory. Whenever they need to go through important upgrades then we get sandboxes and we need to go through the same steps we performed to define SSO to the production instance.  So, I defined the sandbox site as an application in AD and then modified the web.config of the sandbox site accordingly. 
The difference is that if the sandbox is a copy of the production site, then the role mappings and the domain users are already in the sandbox.
If the sandbox is in SAAS , then I work with the SAAS team and pass them all the details for the web.config update.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved