Skip to main content
Solved

Error during Test of System Email Setup

Our main aim is to receive the email notifications during MYOB actions such as purchase order approval and so on. For this activity, we are trying to setup a system email account. To do this, I have already configured ‘External Applications’ and ‘System Applications’. and I am using my own account to do the testing if i receive email or not. While clicking on this ‘Test’ button, Sometimes, I receive email, but some time i don’t. It shows error like ‘451-4.7.0 Temporary Server error’. Has anyone faced this issue before ? What am i missing? This issue is intermittent and can’t know the timing as well. happens randomly. will really appreciate your help. 

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @abhishekkc 

We believe the email could not be processed due to a temporary problem with the receiving server. Could you try sending it to another user?. Or  check the process by manually.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @abhishekkc 

Please review all the configurations once

https://community.acumatica.com/installation-and-configuration-14/how-to-set-up-exchange-online-office-365-and-azure-online-accounts-using-modern-authentication-oauth-2-0-4638

Hi @abhishekkc 

Please review all the configurations once

https://community.acumatica.com/installation-and-configuration-14/how-to-set-up-exchange-online-office-365-and-azure-online-accounts-using-modern-authentication-oauth-2-0-4638

Hi @Manikanta Dhulipudi , doesn’t have access to that link. Can you please provide access please?

Hi @abhishekkc 

We believe the email could not be processed due to a temporary problem with the receiving server. Could you try sending it to another user?. Or  check the process by manually.

Hi @Sagar Greytrix , Thanks for your response.  I will try to check with another user now. Meanwhile, when you mentioned that to check the process manually, what does that mean ? Can you please explain ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

sharing word document

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @abhishekkc 

Please try with the configuration as shown in the screenshot below.

Best Regards,

NNT

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @abhishekkc 

451-4.7.0 Temporary server error is a standard error message when the sender server can't establish a connection. 
This might have different reasons - from improper configuration to recipient server overload or IP blacklisting.

I've checked the email configuration for the Outlook server (support.microsoft.com) - they expect IMAP at port 993. On your screenshot, I see that you try to send it to port 143. This is most likely the reason.
I also see a note on the same support page that POP & IMAP protocols are disabled by default, and you might have to enable them if you need them. So you might want to also try to use SMTP protocol (For SMTP, port should be 587).

Regarding the Basic Auth method - I'd first try to tinker with ports and protocols before changing the Auth method. That same support page states that Basic Auth is in the process of being deprecated in favour of Modern Auth/OAuth2, so I'd suggest trying to figure out how to make it work with OAuth2 like you were trying to do.

Another thing worth trying - increase Timeout value. This might help if the issue is related to slow internet/address resolution.

Hi @andriitkachenko , Thanks for your detailed explanation. It’s not that I am not receiving mail. I am receiving the email, but issue happens intermittently. I have played with port numbers and OAUTH2, but still received same error. Not sure, what is the root cause.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Did you try playing with Timeout as well? Might be worth a shot.

It looks to me that it’s not an issue with the Acumatica emailing configuration.

It feels more like something related to the connectivity issues - might be unstable internet connection dropping packages; if your server has a dynamic IP - maybe some of the IPs are blacklisted; it could be hardware issues.

Hi @andriitkachenko , Up to now, I was testing with my own email account (corporate). But, I have created a dedicated shared mailbox account for this sender email and configured a new record with same settings. Now, from yesterday, I haven’t noticed any error for this. Meanwhile, the email setup for my account is still receiving the error while clicking on ‘Test’.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @abhishekkc.

It narrows down to the issues related to the first email account you’ve used.

It can be a permission/role issue for the email configuration itself - here are a few posts describing the configuration of the OAuth 2.0 flow for a Microsoft email (albeit dated), maybe going through these permissions will help:

I’ve also seen people sharing the link to the Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer:

Maybe that will be of use.

PRX5 is supposed to be a DNS-related issue, but if you’re using Microsoft mailing servers, the DNS configuration is out of your control. I personally doubt its DNS-related, especially now that you’ve been able to configure the same setup for the other email account.

It might be worth raising a ticket with Outlook support.