Question

Devicehub new scanner shows in Acumatica but errors "not configured" when used

Userlevel 3
Badge

When configuring a scanner in Devicehub on a workstation, the scanner shows up in Acumatica when you click “UPDATE SCANNERS LIST”, but in the Devicehub log it says “Scanner [scannername] is not configured on this Acumatica instance.  Please check configuration”.  It clearly is connected, as it will respond each time you click to update the list in Acumatica again, but if you try and use it you get “[Error] NT: Failed to scan [#] on [scannername]”, as well as “[Debug] [#] ScanJob Debug” ==Login - _screen”

I’ve checked that the major/minor revs of the Devicehub match the Acumatica instance, as well as that the instance uses the correct capitalization of the instance name.  Logs show no further info about what the error issue is.  I see similar issue posted for Devicehub printers that were caused by those two issues, but they don’t seem related to this issue.  The Devicehub user has Administrator permissions.

Anyone have any other thoughts on what would cause this?

10 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Did you already try these steps?

By default, when scanners are configured through the DeviceHub application, the application will only update the scanners list if the logged in user matches the user configured through the DeviceHub application.

Step 1: Click File > Configure in the DeviceHub main menu.

Step 2: On the Connection tab, ensure the username and password shown here match the user you will be logging into the Acumatica ERP with.

Step 3: Log in to Acumatica ERP using the same username and password that DeviceHub is configured with.

Step 4: On the Scanners (SM206540) form, click the Update Scanner List button.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello,

Did you already try these steps?

By default, when scanners are configured through the DeviceHub application, the application will only update the scanners list if the logged in user matches the user configured through the DeviceHub application.

Step 1: Click File > Configure in the DeviceHub main menu.

Step 2: On the Connection tab, ensure the username and password shown here match the user you will be logging into the Acumatica ERP with.

Step 3: Log in to Acumatica ERP using the same username and password that DeviceHub is configured with.

Step 4: On the Scanners (SM206540) form, click the Update Scanner List button.

Yes, makes no difference.  The Devicehub is communicating with Acumatica and trigger that application to update when you click the Update Scanner List, but the error still occurs even when logged in as the Devicehub user to Acumatica as well as the Devicehub application.

Userlevel 3
Badge

So is the DeviceHub used by many?  Seems to be a very problematic tool.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @fosterjeff01 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @fosterjeff01 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

No, I gave up!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Complete shot in the dark… I assume you mean the user in Acumatica that you are using has Admin rights within Acumatica, but are you launching Device Hub as Administrator?  I have admin rights on my machine, but I still have to “Run as Administrator”.  Otherwise, it does not work properly for me.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yeah I am having the same issue as well… super frustrating. Good to know I am not the only one.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @fosterjeff01 ,

Please check the Credentials by which you have logged into Device Hub, Previously i faced this issue but it fixed for me

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @fosterjeff01 ,

Please check the Credentials by which you have logged into Device Hub, Previously i faced this issue but it fixed for me

Thanks, but it shows that it connects fine with the credentials--and if I purposely use wrong credentials, it does NOT connect and Update Scanner List doesn’t work anymore.  I gave up on this.  

Also the fact that you can’t run it as a Windows Service on a local server means you have to install it and run it on every workstation using DeviceHub, which is an administrative support issue.  One would expect it to run as a Windows Service on a central server for ease of management.  I gave up on this functionality. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Did You add the Scanner in the “User Profile” screen of the instance?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved