Skip to main content
Question

Dashboards - Widgets being set to only show from the Branch you are in.

• 10 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello Community! I have not had any luck in finding a clean answer to this, but I am hoping somebody has a good quick and painless answer lol. We have a customer that has multiple branches, and when using Dashboards and their widgets, those numbers are being pulled from every branch. We need a way to have the Dashboards/widgets only pull the information based on the branch that they are currently in. How can we do that? Thanks in advance. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You could use the Parameter on the Dashboard 

Then using Design on the Widget you can add the filter

You could also add a filter where Branch = {CurrentBranch] here or add it to the GI driving the widget. 

Thanks Dermot! We have been hitting every GI that we were using in Widgets - Sorry I thought I put that in my original post, but see now I didn’t. I was hoping for a more ‘universal’ way then having to hit every widget’s GI. I like the top way you have there by just being able to do it by the ‘Dashboard’ as a whole, but I can’t seem to get that way to work as you have it setup above. I was working with the AR Clerk Dashboard to try and set it up in that same type of manner but now luck. I will keep trying - but man it would just be great if we had a universal ‘by branch’ toggle button for all searches/lookups/etc in the system lol. If there is, we just haven’t found them yet. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @Tony were you able to find a solution? Thank you!