Solved

Acumatica Help Setup Instructions for Amazon - Windows Server 2012 Base 64-bit AMI?

• 15 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

This is a nitpick, since the Acumatica help correctly lists the available operating systems for running Acumatica 2021 R2 (including Win Server 2019). However, in the setup instructions for running Acumatica on Amazon EC2 (“Installing Acumatica ERP on Amazon Web Services”), under “To Launch an Amazon EC2 Instance”…..

1. On the Select an Amazon Machine Image (AMI) page, select the Windows Server 2012 Base 64-bit AMI.

Since Win Server 2012 is officially end of life about a year from now, it seems like this probably shouldn’t be the default suggestion for running Acumatica, unless I’m missing something.

icon

Best answer by vkumar 15 February 2022, 17:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @rosenjon 

Thanks for pointing this out.

I have created an internal case #227924 and reported this to our Technical team to update the documentation. 

Regards,

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

This suggestion seems woefully inadequate as well. 1GB disk space? I have a test instance with 30GB primary disk space (just for Windows...Acumatica is on another drive), and it is frequently completely full due to caching. So 1GB seems not correct if you actually want to use the instance...

Hard Disk Space 1 GB available hard disk space plus 200 MB for each additional instance of Acumatica ERP
Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Also...m1.medium is no longer a current generation system, so maybe we can get an updated suggestion there as well (what would be even better is a suggestion based on the type of instance. developer instance...run this type. small prototype instance (5 users) - run this type. large prototype (100 users) - run this type. etc…..

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved