Question

Snapshot Deletion Timeout

• 30 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

I’m trying to delete a large (50GB+) snapshot. I keep getting a timeout error. How do I delete this thing?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Michael Hansen 

can you reach out to Acumatica on this, May be they need to increase execution time inorder to process the request?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Michael Hansen 

Instead of deleting the entire 50GB+ snapshot at once, you can try deleting it in smaller chunks. You can split the snapshot into multiple smaller snapshots, each representing a portion of the original snapshot's data. Then, delete these smaller snapshots individually. This approach can help overcome timeout issues and ensure successful deletion.

Regards,

Sweta

Userlevel 5
Badge

I saw that the reply from @sweta68 got marked as best answer, but it’s not scalable. Everyone is getting bigger, not smaller. What happens when the small chunks become too large to delete? Needing to get support involved every time you need a deletion cannot be the answer. We need a scalable solution for this platform.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Michael Hansen  Usually, Database backup file restoration is recommended approach if a snapshot is having a size in huge. Usually, httpRuntime executionTimeout will have "300" seconds, hence it is timing out.

I suggest you to raise a support case for this, and ask them to delete and share the solution as well.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved