Skip to main content

We are using the Shopify shipping option for the customer to pickup in our store. However, when the order goes to the warehouse to pick/pack/ship it is confirmed shipped when the order goes to the store to await pickup. 

This triggers Shopify to notify the customer that their order is on the way. Shopify has a multi-email system set up so you can email the customer that the order is ready for pick up (which is what it is not shipped), but Acumatica can’t send different information to Shopify to specify which email to send, or so I was told during our integration.

Is there any way to have Acumatica not trigger the email if a certain shipment option is selected? I would rather no email than a misleading one being sent to these customers. But I don’t want all our other customers not to get their shipping information emails.

Or has anyone found a way to send out different emails for different shipping options in Shopify with Acumatica? Even if it is a third party partner app. 

@KEL , you can try with this custom mapping on the Entities screen in Acumatica:

Please note that I didn’t test it, and obviously your ship via codes are probably different, but you get the idea, right?

Let us know if this worked!

@KEL  Please try to see a ship via that is not a common carrier(Will call option enabled) in the Shipment. When the Will Call Ship Via is used in the Shipment, then the connector will not send any update to Shopify from Acumatica. 

@KEL , you can try with this custom mapping on the Entities screen in Acumatica:

Please note that I didn’t test it, and obviously your ship via codes are probably different, but you get the idea, right?

Let us know if this worked!

@Yuri Karpenko Looks like the notify customer is already in use. Which I don’t quite understand because Shopify is sending emails.  But our mapping looks like it should not be sending any.

@KEL , the issue with the mapping you already have is that it has False in quotes. You need to put simply False in that field, no equal sign, no quotes, etc. Try that and check if it does anything.

@KEL  Please try to see a ship via that is not a common carrier(Will call option enabled) in the Shipment. When the Will Call Ship Via is used in the Shipment, then the connector will not send any update to Shopify from Acumatica. 

@KarthikGajendran Not sure what you are saying here. Our ship via for these is CPU - Customer Pick Up not a carrier. But I see no will call option nor any carrier associated with that ship via code nr any way to add a carrier to that ship via code.  

@KEL , the issue with the mapping you already have is that it has False in quotes. You need to put simply False in that field, no equal sign, no quotes, etc. Try that and check if it does anything.

@Yuri Karpenko I don’t want to stop Shopify from sending the notifications I just need it not to send notifications to any order with a ship via code of CPU. 

Mind explaining the coding on that for me?

=iif(=BCShipments → Shipment.ShipVia]=’CPU’, False, True) 

Would CPU be in quotes and what does the False, True values mean? 

@KEL , absolutely!

This mapping is overriding the value you send to the Notify Customer field in Shopify (columns External Object, External field in the screenshot above). And the formula you shared says:

if the ShipVia code is CPU, then DO NOT notify the customers,

otherwise - DO notify the customer.

The formula looks right to me with single quotes around CPU.

@Yuri Karpenko Thank you for your help and patience with me. I will test this out and let you know. 

Well my test order just confirmed shipment in our warehouse and I still received the email from Shopify that the order is on the way. 😕

@Yuri Karpenko it did not work.

@KEL , I just tested it, and it worked. One issue I see in your screenshot above is that the mapping line is not active. You have to click the Active checkbox, and then save the mapping.

Here’s my recording of testing this mapping out: https://www.loom.com/share/b7f2c46045444869a51c9cb4609e37e8

Hope this helps and resolves your issue!