Skip to main content

Hey folks,

Question when going-live and transitioning to Acumatica.  I was testing a few scenarios where I have Shopify orders that are fulfilled/pending payment (not archived).  These orders will be associated to a legacy system order that was already shipped and invoiced.   

On conversion we will bring over inventory/qoh and our GL balances, including any open AR.

In my test I found the following:    

1. It looks like it bring this order over with an open qty that needs to be fulfilled, the SO In ‘open’ status. 
    1. Since our beginning inventory and AR will already account for this, what is the protocol here to make sure we do not relieve inventory of another product (since it has already shipped in legacy).
  2. When the payment is received in Shopify it will close and ARCHIVE the order, however it does seem to still bring the payment in, but it brings it in as a prepayment (is this because the SO hasn’t ‘shipped’ in ACU?). 

What is the overall experience, should we specifically ‘skip’ these legacy orders so they are not imported?   And should we just manually enter the payment?   

Any experience is appreciated!

@kkeating24 If it is fulfilled and AR is already accounted then why do you want to import these orders? 

I would not import these orders. Enter the payments manually if there are not a lot. 

To import payment you need Order. You can import the order as IN instead of SO but still it will create a AR invoice from SO which you do not want. 

I would ask you to use the Earliest Order Date field in the Stores form. Orders that are created before that date will not be imported by the connector. 

There is a complicated process which is you can import the orders and payments through connector and then after it is imported, you remove the links of payment and order in Acumatica, cancel the order, apply the payment to the open existing AR invoice. Go to sync history and skip the order.

I wont recommend this process. Instead you can manually create the payments. 

@KarthikGajendran - thank you for that, this would confirm my initial thoughts

I wouldn’t normally bring these orders over but this particular scenario, I didn’t have the ability to test the ‘Earliest Order Date’ function. 

@KarthikGajendran what about orders that go back months that have not been fulfilled, also recommend manual entry?

@kkeating24  Do you have lot of orders? If it is not a lot then you can manually add those orders to the Sync History form using the ADD or EDIT action. 

@KarthikGajendran  - thanks I just thought about that as an option, thanks for confirming!

@KarthikGajendran - in most go-live scenarios we shut down operations prior to month cutover and then on go-live it is the new month, the AR subledger is closed, but we have a few days of SHopify Transactions from that previous last few days of the month. 

Obviously the SO’s come in, but the payments attached to them are going to be in the previous month, which is usually closed.   What is the recommendation for handling these payments, so they are linked to Shopify and can be properly processed in case of refund, etc. 

@kkeating24  Is it possible to open the period and process the payments? 

@KarthikGajendran that’s what we ended up doing, but it’s such a challenge when they are trying to close the month and the AR balance keeps moving.    We had to create a journal entry to then balance out AR. 

Hey @KKahnk41! Another thing to keep in mind in scenarios like this are orders that have been partially fulfilled in the commerce store. When these orders import into Acumatica they import with all items as unfulfilled. Also, you cannot partially fulfill Invoice Order types. Just an FYI as I found these things out the hard way.

@kkeating24  What would be your ideal approach in scenarios like this? Please let us know so that we can review and look at the possibility of supporting it through the connector. 

@freddydelrio39 Though you have partially fulfilled the order externally. You still need to decrease that quantity in Acumatica as ERP is the source of truth for the inventory. So in this case order importing as unfulfilled and then eventually decreasing the inventory after invoicing seems like a correct approach to me. Please let me know if you think otherwise. 

@KarthikGajendran You are correct for regular orders and transactions after going live. However, I’ve had a few clients that had hundreds or thousands of partially fulfilled orders in their commerce store at the time of go-live which then needed to be fulfilled at some point after going live with Acumatica. For these orders specifically they were unable to import and fulfill these in Acumatica, they had to leave them in the commerce store and fulfill them there when inventory was received or when outstanding/past due payment from their customers were received. We are forced to adjust out inventory from Acumatica for these orders, Invoice outside of the ERP, process payments outside of the ERP, etc. 

@KarthikGajendran - to me it feels like something along the lines of Maintenance Mode or the “update GL” button in Inventory.   

In this case, I would probably prefer to be able to pick a date that the ‘orders/payments’ hit ACU.   It’s great to have the ‘first order date’ so that it doesn’t pick up orders prior to that date, but most go-live’s are going to be on the 1st of the month and the business shut down a few days prior to that to perform all our go-live tasks.   That means if they have an active Ecomm store activity is still happening, but the legacy system is OFF.  So let’s say there are 3 days of activity, it would be great to be able to say go get all my sales order from Sep 28 onward, but because Sep is closed in the AR subledger, I would like to push all my payments to Oct 1. 

one other thing I have noticed is that once we are live, it tries to pull customers into ACU that are YEARS old.  I’m not sure what is updating the record in Shopify to necessitate that pull, but it’s very cumbersome for the clients.   It may be nice to have a ‘Customer Date’ cutoff that will not pull a customer in through the entity sync, but if it is invoked from the sales order it will ignore the cutoff date.  example customer created account in 2019 but has not placed an order in 5 years.  Do not sync this customer, but if they place an order, go ahead and sync them. 

I think @freddydelrio39  issue also needs a solution, mostly clients can handle a few ‘open SO’s’, and I Haven’t personally encountered the partially fulfilled issue, But when there are hundreds or more I can see this being a big challenge.  I just tried this in my test environment with 2 items, one fulfilled in shopify and it came through as open qty, so that is also a concern. 

Cheers,

@kkeating24 That’s a great idea, having something similar to a ‘Maintenance Mode’ for the commerce connector imports for go live.