Skip to main content

We are creating ERP shipments in advance of actually shipping merchandise, and do not want the information to synchronize until shippments are confirmed.  We defined an export filter to limit the Big Commerce synchronization to only shipments that have been confirmed, however it is not working. 

When the filter below is active, ALL of the shipments are filtered.  Our version is 24.109.0016.   We also tried filtering on Status but with similar results.  Any thoughts what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance!

@lauraj46 - interesting, because I tried to filter shipments of the “INVOICE” (N) type for Shopify recently and that also did not work, so I deactivated...

I’m seeing a trend here. 

@lauraj46 , in my experience (and it was confirmed by Acumatica support a couple times), filtering on Shipments entity doesn’t work now. But back to your original post, that should be a default mapping: i.e. only shipments in Confirmed, Invoiced, and Completed statuses are picked up for the sync - this has also been verified by our team, and seems to be working flawlessly. Are you seeing different results? If so, is there any chance you have a customization on the sync process?

Thank you!

@Yuri Karpenko - i think @lauraj46 is trying to ONLY filter confirmed.  what I have seen is that it tries to pick up shipments in various statuses and some of them end up in other states (invalid, inactive, etc) before finalized… 

Hi @Yuri Karpenko ,

Thanks for confirmation regarding filtering on the Shipments entity.

With regard to the default behavior, the Prepare Data is including shipments that have the Open status.  We have a customization, but it is only an extension on BCSalesOrderProcessor.  I also tested this in a demo company without customizations and saw the same behavior.

To @kkeating24 ‘s point, we are ok with picking up Confirmed, Invoiced and Completed, We do not want anything that is Open or any other status.  We tried filtering on the status codes but that didn’t work any better than the Confirmed field.  Either way should be fine if it works 🙂

Laura

@lauraj46 , thanks for the details! I just did a lot of troubleshooting in my demo system. I have to admit that Acumatica indeed prepares Open shipments. However, if I process them, it doesn’t send any data to BigCommerce, it simply moves the shipment sync record to Invalid status with the following message:

Then, if I confirm the shipment in Acumatica, and prepare the data, the shipment becomes available for sync again.

I also tried different filters on the Export Filtering for the Shipment entity. All of them will fail me - i.e. the shipment will go into a filtered status and will refuse to be processed.

So, as a summary: if there are no filters on the Shipments entity (and no customizations), I think the system works fine. But if we start adding Export Filtering for the Shipments entity, then it’s not behaving as we would expect.

If I were in your place, I would try to remove (not just disable, but remove) Export Filtering for the Shipments entity, and remove the customization for the Shipments entity. And then do your tests. Again, I’ve never seen that Acumatica would push anything to BigCommerce to Shopify (in terms of shipments) when a shipment is in Open or On Hold status.

I can envision only 1 issue, utilizing the above approach. And that is, that if you leave your shipment in the Open status, and do frequent updates to it, Acumatica automation, that prepares data, will pick up this shipment and get it ready for processing. But if it does it enough times, and tries to process this record that many times (by default, 5 times), the record will go into an Aborted status. And then the next time Prepare Data runs, it will not pull this shipment out of the Aborted status, and that shipment will never go back to BigCommerce. If you see this problem, there are ways to mitigate that risk, of course: increase the number of re-tries before the entity goes into the Aborted status (done on the Entities screen) and make sure somebody is reviewing Aborted records daily.

P.S. If even after removing custom filtering on the shipments you’re still seeing your OPEN shipments in a processed status, you should definitely open a support case with Acumatica.

Happy to help further on this issue! Have a great rest of your day!

Thanks @Yuri Karpenko!  It seems like it will do what we need.

Laura

@Yuri Karpenko  - your reply has been my general experience too, however recently we have had a business use case pop up that REALLY requires a filter for shipments. 

The client has a shopify store that fulfills stock items, and they use a third party marketplace app in shopify that fulfills custom merchandise via drop ship (only non-stock). 

If an order comes in that has a Stock item and a non-stock item (i.e. the custom drop ship item, which is flagged as NOT requiring shipping in ACU) then the order works as intended.  It comes over with the non-stock item as 0 open qty...   We ship the stock item, the 3rd party marketplace app ships the non-stock item and this subsequently updates the FULFILLMENT in shopify for just that non stock item.   These fulfillments obviously happen at different times.   it could be a week(s) before the non-stock item is fulfilled so Shopify notifies the customer when these fulfillments occur. 

Now - scenario 2 (which requires filtering on shipment entity) if the order from shopify ONLY contains the non-stock item or items, it comes over as OPEN qty and it wants to create an Sales Invoice (because no shipping is required).   This in turn will FULFILL the order in Shopify when the scheduled ‘shipment’ entity is processed.  I want to filter OUT the Shipment Type of Invoice (N) so that it does not fulfill in shopify because the customer gets a notification but nothing has been shipped and no tracking information is provided. 

kind of strange that ACU has the filter screens but they don’t do anything for this particular entity. 

@kkeating24 , I totally agree with you, and have seen similar scenarios that will require shipment entity to be filtered, ideally, on 2 levels: shipment (using any of the header level field) and shipment line (SKU level).

@simonliang91 , @KarthikGajendran , please see above. Is it coming any time soon? Thanks!

@kkeating24  @Yuri Karpenko  

For those shipments with non stock items, please make sure the ship via of not a common carrier(will call) is selected. When the connector notices its will call then those shipment will not be exported. The sync status will have as Processed status with the message “ The {} shipment has not been exported because the Will Call check box is selected for it on the Shipping tab of the Shipments (SO302000) form. This check box indicates that the shipment was created for a pickup order.”. 

Please try this approach and let me know. 

But for the general filtering for the shipments. I would propose to create a ticket with Acumatica so that we could review it. 

@KarthikGajendran - (in my example) the non-stock items are not shipped.  It creates a Sales Invoice, which the connector picks up and fulfills, so there is no ship via:

If there is a stock & nonstock item on the SO it then performs as expected. 

My goal is to filter the INVOICE type under the shipment entity from trying to sync to shopify.

@kkeating24  This issue has been fixed in 24R2. I tested and below are my results. 

The fix is explained in the release note 

https://acumatica-builds.s3.amazonaws.com/builds/24.2/ReleaseNotes/AcumaticaERP_2024R2_ReleaseNotes_Other_Enhancements.pdf

@KarthikGajendran  - your filter says “does not equal” (N) wouldn’t that ONLY allow Invoice to go to shopify?  Seems backwards. 

@kkeating24 Think of it like you filter any records in Acumatica. Example Sync History. If you want to see all the entities except Stock Item then you would filter as Entity does not equals Stock Item. 

Likewise if you dont want to export the Invoice then you want to export everything except Invoice. So provide the conditions based on what you want to export. 

Here I am saying I want to export everything except the Shipment Type = N.