Using SQL query in report designer

Userlevel 2

Hello

Is it possible to write a sql query in report designer ?

Thanks.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@SadokHanini @Naveen Boga Isn’t this possible by using a subreport?

Use the relations of the subreport as the query and then either call the subreport in or use a variable off the subreport in the main report?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Sadok, Can you please share the SQL View and DAC?

You need to maintain the Key fields in the DAC, otherwise, duplicate records will be displayed in reports. 

Userlevel 2

@Gabriel Michaud , @Naveen B 

Hello 

i have an issue right now, like you said i have created a view and im using it in report designer
so in Sql i have the right informations but in report designer is displaying only the first line N times.

What i m doing wrong ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@SadokHanini  Sorry, Report Designer will NOT support this requirement. 
We can not use it like this.

Userlevel 2

@SadokHanini So, you want to add a field in the report, and for that field, you want to add a SQL query to display the value?

Yes

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@SadokHanini So, you want to add a field in the report, and for that field, you want to add a SQL query to display the value?

Userlevel 2

Thanks @Gabriel Michaud , @Naveen B  , I’m already using this solution 
but i wanna know also if it’s possible to add a field in the report that is a sql query ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Not directly. You can, however, create a T-SQL View and a DAC on top of it and you will then be able to use this just like any other table in the Report Designer and Generic Inquiries.

@Doug Johnson wrote a blog post on this topic. You can find it here: Technical Tuesday: Building Reports From an SQL View in Acumatica Cloud ERP Software

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hello Sadok,
You can use SQL queries like below in Report Designer.

1. Create a SQL View for the SQL Query 
  2. Create a DAC for the SQL view.
  3. This DAC you can use in Report Designer :) 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved