Question

Using Active Directory User for Refreshing Excel (Generic Inquiry)

• 20 October 2022
  • 5 replies

I am new to Acumatica. I am trying to use Active Directory user to refresh the excel file generated by a Generic Inquiry. The authentication fails. It only woks with a local user. Has anyone had this issue and is there a solution for this?

Thank you.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @makamorris! I do not believe it is possible to log into OData using AD Acumatica account.

The only option I could think of is the Organizational Account tab:

As far as I know though this does not work and OData and AD are able to be used

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

The standard Excel OData feed does not support connecting to Acumatica using Azure AD, ADFS, multi-factor authentication or any other external identity provider (Okta, Google, etc.).

An alternative is to use Velixo -- it has full support for AD and authentification methods supported by Acumatica, and includes capabilities designed to make it easier and faster to work with Acumatica inquiries and Acumatica data from Excel.

Thank you @Gabriel Michaud! I reached out to Velixo. We are using Jamis Prime ERP (it used Acumatica). My hope is that Velixo solution would work. From their website, it looks like it has great capabilities in addition to just refreshing data using AD or Azure AD. 

Thanks again. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@makamorris Velixo reached out to you! 😄

Hi @makamorris! I do not believe it is possible to log into OData using AD Acumatica account.

The only option I could think of is the Organizational Account tab:

As far as I know though this does not work and OData and AD are able to be used

Thank you @BenjaminCrisman! I tried connecting via Organizational account and I am getting the error that it is not supported. I am using a cloud version so the connection is via Azure AD. Thanks again.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved