Solved

Shipment Confirmation Email is adding a line not in the Notification Template

• 7 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

When we send an email from our Shipment screen (SO302000) using Actions>Email Shipment, the emails that get generated are almost identical to the Notification Template it must be using (ID: ShipmentConfirmationNotification), except there is one line inserted “Track your shipment at [Tracking Link]”.  Unfortunately, that [Tracking Link] placeholder doesn’t use the tracking number to populate.

I can’t determine where it is getting this change to the template.  It is the only Notification Template related to Shipping at all.  There are no changes in the customer’s Mailing Settings or the Sales Order Preferences Mailing Settings.  I’d like to delete that line, but can’t find it, plus you cannot alter the email before processing it.

We are running 2020 R1 build 20.106.0005 with the Manufacturing Edition.

Any help would be great!  Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Noah 7 January 2021, 04:05

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

hello @Noah 
I hope Acumatica support team can give us official answers.

just from my experience, 

it looks like Acumatica will use some “initial” templates by default instead of the templates you can find and modified in notification templates.

They look similar but they are not the same one.

I am not 100% sure, but in large chance it seems to be from my experience.

Now, to fix your need is simple, you can just explicitly define the template you want to use , and you make modification on that template.

You can set this on customer class or on customer.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks ray, that’s a good way to fix it!

I did a little more digging and found this wonderful tutorial by Irina right here on the Community Knowledge Base (How to change the email notification template used when sending a report)

It’s buried in the actual report and can be modified with Report Designer.  Thanks Irina!

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Thanks ray, that’s a good way to fix it!

I did a little more digging and found this wonderful tutorial by Irina right here on the Community Knowledge Base (How to change the email notification template used when sending a report)

It’s buried in the actual report and can be modified with Report Designer.  Thanks Irina!

@Noah , Thank you ,I learned,
So the default setting is in report designer. good to learn.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved