Solved

Report Templates: Making access available

• 20 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Good day, I am assigned the administrator role.  Before I started in my current position, we had a VAR set up Report templates with email notifications and reports.  As the administrator, I assumed that I would access to these report templates and reports.  How do I make them available for me to review/revise and change.  Nothing against the VAR but it is pain to have to ask them make adjustments/changes/revisions.  I am also planning to make some templates for users as well.  I would be nice to be able to assign them by user/groups.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by vkumar 22 December 2021, 05:30

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @EvanG 

Please get ‘ReportsDesigner’ user role assigned to the user to be able to access Reports template or Reports and be able to modify them. This is a system user role. 

Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yes @EvanG  Even if you are assigned with Administrator role, to access the Reports Templates and do some modifications, you need Report Designer role to be assigned,  highlighted below in screenshot for your reference.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Thank you for your assistance.  My Username has the has ReportDesigner assigned. I also have the Administrator role.

Still not able to see the Report templates e.g. Inventory by Warehouse Report.

Evan

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @EvanG 

Please provide the screenshot of where you are looking for the template mentioned. 

• Look like our initial understanding of your issue was incorrect. Are you referring to report template that has report parameters? 
  • User who created the template should ‘share’ it for other users to be able to see the template, if you are referring to above template. 
  • Looks like the user has not shared the template while saving, hence you are unable to view the template.

Regards,

Vijay

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

HI @EvanG  I did not find the such report in default Acumatica (Inventory by Warehouse)

Userlevel 5
Badge

Thank you for your reply,  I had the designer whos set up the templates shared them as suggested.

I appreciate your assistance.

Evan

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved