Solved

Report Designer - Adjust Font properties within a text box

• 12 January 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

In Report Designer, we have a text box with several lines of text.  The requirement is to adjust the font color or bold property for only a few words in the middle of this text string.  Like this.

We reviewed the Format function, but didn’t see an option to control these properties.

Anyone know a way to do this?

Thanks,

Andy

icon

Best answer by matthiasweber18 7 September 2021, 16:27

View original

8 replies

Idea only:  Are you familiar with adding line breaks and concatenation multiple fields together in the value field?

Example:

Fieldone + ‘  ‘ + FieldTwo + ‘{br} 

br is an embedded line break. There has to be the same for font and color. These are HTML tags. 

Worth a shot to try. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you Mark.  Yes -  we use the br tag often.  From your suggestion, I tried several HTML formatting tags, but the system interpreted them as text strings.  

Also - the br tag is usable standalone vs Bold and other tags want an open and close surrounding the text impacted.  So wondering if that is a factor.

Thanks for the idea.  Let me know if you if you know how to make this work.

Best,

Andy

Does anybody know any embedded formating functions? We are searching for bold, italic and underline.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Did you ever get an answer to this?  I have the same need.

Did you ever get an answer to this?  I have the same need.

nope! :frowning2: 

every source tells me, that this is function is currently not available :tired_face:

Userlevel 3
Badge

Has anyone found a solution for this?  since it’s been a year, thought I would check.

Has anyone found a solution for this?  since it’s been a year, thought I would check.

As far as I know this feature is still not implemented, which is quite sad 😕

Userlevel 3
Badge

Anyone know if this has been submitted as an idea?  I didn’t find it looking quick but I think it would be a huge + for those developers wanting to bring a modern look to reports. 

@Andy Smith 

Here is the best example I could find of someone making it work but its not a 100% solution more of a proof of concept…   it being a few years old doesn’t fill me with hope about a better solution any time soon.  

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/59844029/is-it-possible-to-get-data-from-the-rich-text-control-and-show-it-in-an-acumatic

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved