Solved

Printing notes across multiple pages of a document

• 6 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I am printing the notes of a sales order quotation at the end of the totals.  I have put it into it’s own group footer as follows:

And the settings of the group footer are as follows:

And the properties of the text box are as follows:

I’m expecting this note to print only once, over two pages (not on each page).  But this is the result:

Can you see how the note cuts off?  It is two lines.  Then it prints again on the next page:

Also not both lines.

Please help with the correct settings so that one line of this note prints on page one and the second line prints on page two :-)

icon

Best answer by MarciaW 25 April 2022, 10:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @MarciaW - Thank you for sharing your solution with the community!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Laura

Thanks, but I’m not referring to the totals section, rather a note that needs to print across multiple pages, it’s a very long note.  I eventually worked it out as follows:

The section containing the note is a footer section, and has the following settings:

The key thing being “Keep together” = false.

Then for the actual field itself the settings need to be:

With the key thing being Can Grow, Can Split and Wrap Text all set to True.

With these settings, notes spanning multiple pages print properly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @MarciaW ,

In the standard Sales Order Quotation report (SO641000), the totals section has the properties PrintAtBottom and PrintOnEveryPage set to true.  I’m not sure how the report designer will interpret any sections that follow a PrintAtBottom section.  I made the report total section not visible in my test environment, and the note then seemed to split properly across two pages.

Hope this helps!

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved