Skip to main content
Solved

How to use reset expression in variables in report designer?

in a report when I do few calculations always, I got incorrect values, I have posted another question in the community. Link is below. 

Error in Calculations of simple formular in Reports

I guess this occurred due to the variable is not reset correctly. So how to use this reset option, please provide few examples.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@PDharmasena10  Have you already resetting the Group, is still not reset the variable value?

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Naveen Boga As I shown in the screenshot, I have added resetGroup, my real issue is in a report I get project total income and total expenses from two separate report. when I print these values in the main report it prints correctly but when print the difference (totalIncome - totalExpense) it prints incorrect values. But there is pattern in that Value. As example 0 - 700 will print -1700, it always adds a prefix number to the correct answer, that prefix number changes time to time. I guess that issue occurred due to not resetting the variable correctly. 

This is the link for my previous question
Error in Calculations of simple formular in Reports

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Understood! @BenjaminCrisman could you please shed some light on this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately I don’t do very well with keeping track of variables and reporting in my head, having the report to check would be really useful.

Have you tried adjusting the process order of the variable or the subreports?

Is it possible to upload the .rpx file to review?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @BenjaminCrisman Herewith attached the report files. PM600014 is the main report. other two are the sub reports

Userlevel 2
Badge

I was able to fix this issue. As I explained above my real problem is about error in calculation result. I delete that textbox (UI element) and recreate it. then it was solved. I hope it may be a onetime error. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @PDharmasena10!