Question

How to display only Subcontract records in a project report?

• 10 November 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello Community,
I have been trying to create a report where I would like to display the below highlighted fields in my report:

And have the following relations established:

How can i put up the condition to only display the type=Subcontract and the description from the Subcontracts screen?
Thanks in advance.

7 replies

Badge +18

Hello @Harshita ,

Did you look at the Commitments generic inquiry in your Sales Demo tenant?  Please use the Commitments generic inquiry in your Sales Demo tenant as a model for how to build your report:

Laura

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello @Harshita ,

Did you look at the Commitments generic inquiry in your Sales Demo tenant?  Please use the Commitments generic inquiry in your Sales Demo tenant as a model for how to build your report:

Laura

Hello @Laura02 ,
I checked this out already, seems it is a Form-Tab screen that has been created to display inquiries.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello @Harshita ,

Laura

I tried to replicate the same in a GI, where I established the joins as follows:

I tried the Join Type = Cross but the result then displays the same subcontract number for all the records, even if the Projects doesn’t have any subcontracts created.
The Subcontracts GI has the Order Type = RS stated as a condition.

Badge +18

Hello,

Yes, you don’t want a cross join. I think Cross joins connect every record on the left table/DAC with every record on the right table/DAC. If you want to include All Projects in your report, whether they have Commitments or not, use Left join.  If the report should include only projects with commitments, use an Inner join. I think the fields of your join are correct.

Your original question was:

You have answered the first part of your question with your Order Type condition:

The next step is: open a Subcontract in Subcontracts screen, and click Customization → Inspect Element. Then Click on the Subcontract Description:

POOrder.OrderDesc field is the Subcontract Description.

Add POOrder.OrderDesc field to your report, for subcontract description. 

Laura

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello,

Yes, you don’t want a cross join. I think Cross joins connect every record on the left table/DAC with every record on the right table/DAC. If you want to include All Projects in your report, whether they have Commitments or not, use Left join.  If the report should include only projects with commitments, use an Inner join. I think the fields of your join are correct.

You have answered the first part of your question with your Order Type condition:

The next step is: open a Subcontract in Subcontracts screen, and click Customization → Inspect Element. Then Click on the Subcontract Description:

Laura

Hello @Laura02 ,
Thank you for your prompt response. i already tried the above scenario in the report and also GI, but it doesn’t display any of the data after establishing the joins:
The primary table in both the Gi & report that’s being used is PMBudget.
GI:

The same empty result is getting displayed in the report 😕
Attaching the GI for your reference, if required​​​​​​

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello,

Laura

Hello @Laura02 ,
whenever i am adding OrderType = RS in the report, it doesn’t display any of the records as it does in GI.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @Harshita were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved