Solved

How to attach a PDF to a form so that is prints after the form

• 29 July 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi, 

We are trying to print a PDF document, a 2 page Terms & Conditions, after the Order form prints. 
I have been able to convert the PDF to jpg & embed the jpg in the form. 
But the T&C prints condensed & does not fil out the page. 

I am wondering if there is a way to designate a PDF to print or if there is a better way of accomplishing this. 
Should we store the Doc in the Database rather than the form? Any other ideas? 
This is a cloud environment (AWS) .

Thank you, 
Bill

icon

Best answer by Doug Johnson 4 August 2021, 18:28

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

We have a similar requirement for one segment of our business. Our solution was to recreate the PDF  in the report designer then added it as a subreport in a footer section. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

This is a good idea and has been suggested here: 

Please vote for the idea it if has a practical application for your business.

The solution proposed by @Neil Cantral is the best option that is available today. If you do not need to print a paper copy, then you could host your PDF document online and include a hyperlink.

Hi Bill,
You mentioned you were able to convert a PDF attachment to an image for report designer, can you share how?

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

The Adobe PDF version I am using has a tool to convert to jpg. 

You should also be able to find a free converter online.

Thanks @wfilipiak67 I guess I’m really asking how are you using the converter to automatically do this?  Is that in report designer, through a customization or how?

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Oh, It is not done automatically. 

The terms & conditions are static. So the image is the same in all cases.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved