Skip to main content
Solved

How to add a link to the email template

• 30 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi Community,

here I have a requirement to add a external link to the email template. for an example, i need to add a link where customers can view the quotation and approve it or reject it. is it possible to do with the system. is there any feature for such requirement. refer attached email template sample.   

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @MWijesuriya43 Please find the below links for more information 

Thanks

Userlevel 2

Hi @MWijesuriya43 Please find the below links for more information 

Thanks

Hi @manikantad18 

I tried adding screen id directly to the email template. but it doesn’t direct to the quote. instead getting an error. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @MWijesuriya43 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @MWijesuriya43 If you have provided Customer Portal Access to the client, the link of Acumatica Order Could be seen by the Customer.

Thanks

Chandra 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @MWijesuriya43 

It looks like the link in the last screenshot only contains a part of the URL.
Please try to do it like it is described in those topics @Manikanta Dhulipudi referenced.

Especially this step-by-step guide from Acumatica Blog.

The idea is the same in all those topics: in your template, you define a link with the source of it to be a specific field. Make sure that the field has a valid link, and then, when the email is generated, the URL will be populated from the said field.

Looking at your screenshot, it seems that you’re trying to send a URL to the report (so641000.rpx). Please note that it is a template which Acumatica then uses to fill with the data you requested. If you want to send a generated report (which now will be a PDF file) to someone, you’d need to create a mechanism that will save the said report to a publicly accessible location (for example, Dropbox or Google Drive) and then propagate the value to the field, which you will now insert as those guides above explained.

If you don’t want to show the Quote screen to the user, you can do that by inserting a static link, assuming:

• Your ERP instance is publicly available and has a distinct URL;  
  • The recipient has an account to log into your instance of Acumatica.

If your instance of the Acumatica is accessible from WWW (outside of your local network), instead of Dropbox example, you could also try to attach the generated report to the Quote record, and then use the same propagation logic I’ve mentioned above.