Solved

Generic Inquiry Error - Arithmetic Overflow Converting Expression to Data type Int

• 13 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello, 

On a Sales order screen, we recently experienced this error message: 

The trace log doesn’t seem to show which column is causing the error. I’ve looked into the fields of the generic inquiry and not sure what to do next. This GI was working fine last week. 

Any help is much appreciated!

I’ve attached the XML of the generic inquiry here, as well. 

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 13 November 2023, 18:47

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @bclark  I have imported this GI in my local instance and I don’t see any issues with it. I’m assuming that this issue is related to data but not with the GI.

Have you checked this GI in any other instance?

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Naveen Boga 

I just checked in my test instance and it worked as expected. So thank you for helping make the determination that it is not anything wrong with the GI. 

Do you have any advice on how to find where the issue in the data is then? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@bclark  Have you attempted to uncheck fields from the Results Grid one by one and verified the results? If not, please proceed with this step as it will assist us in identifying the root cause of the issue.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Naveen Boga 
I went through the fields one by one and finally discovered that it was the Customer.PrimaryContactID that was causing the issue. 

One specific customer made an order yesterday. I still need to figure out what’s wrong with that field, but I excluded that order number from the GI for now and it works again, so thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@bclark Glad that you figured out the issue and sharing the update!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved