Solved

Export to PDF not working properly

• 20 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

I’m having trouble exporting to PDF from acumatica. The main issue is, I’m using Khmer fonts, and the are not showing up on the exported PDF. Also, the table size gets mismatched. 

I have seen the threads that talk about Korean and Chinese fonts not working, and the official answer was to change the font to a microsoft supported font, I tried that. It did not work.

This is the original report

This is how it should export to PDF
This is how it’s coming out. Please note that the Khmer language fields are all blank. Also, the tables are not coming out right in the exported version and if you look at the logo, it’s all messed up. The entirety of the logo is a PNG file, but it’s getting butchered when exported.
These are the PDF settings

Could someone please help on how to solve this issue? 

icon

Best answer by lightman 23 May 2023, 09:45

View original

4 replies

Badge +11

I see you have 'PDFFontEmbedded' turned on. I believe that means that the fonts must be installed on the server. Are they? I believe Acumatica does not support installing special fonts for SaaS customers, so you'd need to be self-hosted to do this.

As far as the PDF layout differing from the web layout, I believe that's normal. In my experience, the layout can differ significantly. The best result I've had is to only use it in PDF mode and tune it to look correctly as a PDF.

Another option may be to generate it in web layout and then print it to PDF with a local PDF printer. I'm not certain how this would work, but it would certainly be MORE work.

Userlevel 2

@darylbowman thanks for your answer. I tried installing the font on our local server, where acumatica is hosted, but it didn’t help. I also tried turning ‘PDFFontEmbedded’ on and off, that didn’t solve the problem either. 

I did manage to fix the layout issue. Just fixed the margins, and that solved it! But the fonts are more important :(

Badge +11

If I remember right, when I did it, I had to right-click the font file and choose the 'Install for all users' option.

Also, you need to restart the IIS App pool afterwards, or the server would work too.

Userlevel 2

We tried doing that, we also restarted the server. It didn’t work. I suppose this is an issue with PDF renderer, as seen in another post. Thanks @darylbowman for your help))

Long text (Terms & Condition) content will get cut off, when we export to pdf or view report in PDF viewer

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved