Solved

Creating Amount Spelling variable expression in Report Designer

• 23 October 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello Community,

I have been trying out either to modify the $TotalAmountSpelling variable expression in the report designer tool or just create a similar one. But I am unable to get a clear view of what logic shall I apply so that the system generates spellings for amounts.

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Harshita 24 October 2023, 18:54

View original

8 replies

Badge +18

Hello @Harshita ,

Did you notice these previous posts? This post: 

Refers to the following link as a work-around:

https://acumatica12.rssing.com/chan-6994821/article91.html

Laura

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello @Harshita ,

Laura

Hello @Laura02 ,
Thank you for your prompt response, i am kind of looking if there’s a possibility that we can strike out the “Only” term from the words. How would that be possible. Also, is it possible in the report designer to view/modify the already created variables?

Badge +18

Hello,

You may view and modify previously created variables.  Look for Variables Collection by clicking on the Headers, then clicking [...] on Variables (Collection) where it shows in Bold Type:

Click on Variables Collection to open Editor

Editor appears, and you can select to edit, and remove/add new variables:

ReportVariable Collection Editor

It sounds like you might be working on the Amount in Words in the AP Check.  Here is an example of where to remove “Only”.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello,

You may view and modify previously created variables.  Look for Variables Collection by clicking on the Headers, then clicking [...] on Variables (Collection) where it shows in Bold Type:

Click on Variables Collection to open Editor

Editor appears, and you can select to edit, and remove/add new variables:

ReportVariable Collection Editor

It sounds like you might be working on the Amount in Words in the AP Check.  Here is an example of where to remove “Only”.

This is what i found for the Subcontracts (SF) report & have been trying to remove the “only” term. Seems have to develop a new expression but still figuring out the expression.

Badge +18

hello,

If the word “Only” is embedded in a stored field “OrderTotalInWords,” I think you will need to be a developer or know one, in order to remove “Only” from the report in this specific case.

Laura

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello @Harshita ,

Laura

Hello @Laura02 ,
Thank you for your prompt response, i am kind of looking if there’s a possibility that we can strike out the “Only” term from the words. How would that be possible. Also, is it possible in the report designer to view/modify the already created variables?

Hello @Laura02 ,

i tried with this workaround but I dont know why it only displays for amounts in thousands. It doesn’t display for the amounts which are less than thousands.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Previously it was able to display for thousands but now not able to display for any of those.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Previously it was able to display for thousands but now not able to display for any of those.

Hello @Laura02 ,
I got it achieved.
This is what I tried now (used “Replace” expression):
= Format('{0} {1},',
 Replace( $TotalAmountSpelling, 'Only', '' ),$CurrencyName) +'{br}'
+ Format ('({0} {1}),',
 $CurrencySymbol, $TotalAmount)

😊

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved