Solved

Business event not working when creating SO programmatically

• 14 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi

I have the BigCommerce (BC) connector.

I import Sales Orders from BC using an Order Type called EO.

I have EO type setup to go ONHOLD when created

I created a Business Event of type Record Inserted on a GI to remove the hold using an Import Scenario.

When I create EO on SO301000 screen by hand, the BE triggers fine. Within 3 seconds.

When I create EO using BC, nothing happens. The new EO appears on the GI, meaning it pics it up, but the BE never triggers.

I have seen this behavior before on other functions where a transaction that’s created programmatically DOES NOT trigger a BE.

Why is that?

icon

Best answer by manikantad18 10 September 2022, 21:06

View original

2 replies

A Pretorius,

Were you ever able to figure this out? I am having the exact same problem right now with a few business events. 

Edit: I am also having this issues where records are insert from the BC connector. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @apretorius62 

I have faced this issue to one of the customer.

When the order comes from Big commerce connector it is not triggering an email when it is hold status.

I Suggest below suggestion and it works for me

Add a condition in the business events with “ Trigger by Schedule” and add a scheduler to trigger all the Emails Every30 Mins.

Create a UDF Field Order reviewed in the sales order.

To avoid the same order triggering Multiple emails we are Updating the One User Defined field “ Order email sent” after the Email is Triggered so that the system cannot send an email a second time to the customer/Vendor/Internal Team,

Don’t forget to add a condition in the GI “ order review” is empty.

Let me know if you need BE design from my end.

Thanks

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved