Solved

Blank check remittance PDF

Everything was working fine this morning but we installed additional modules on Acumatica and now when we try to print out a check we just get a blank check remittance document. Do setting change with the installation of other modules?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 22 September 2022, 19:51

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@hayleehicks18 If you check the Payment Methods screen for Check does it show the correct reportID to print for Additional Remittances as well as have the correct # of lines per stub?
Typically the way it is set to work is that if you have a check paying 15 bills and it will print the first 10 on the check, then the Additional Remittance form will print the original 10+ the remaining 5 (in this case).

Badge +18

Hello @hayleehicks18 ,

There isn’t much configuration required to use the Additional Remittance, and it sounds like you have finished the configurations:

Next print a check that pays more than 10 documents, with “Pay Separately” not selected in Prepare Payments screen for the documents being paid.

If the Additional Remittance doesn’t automatically pop open, Here are a few more ideas:

• Check browser settings related to pop-ups & new tabs
  • Check that the Role of the person printing checks has access to the Additional Remittance Report
  • Try clearing browser cache
  • Try a different browser.

Good luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@hayleehicks18 Did you end up getting this taken care of? I was thinking it could be pop-ups, I’ve seen this quite a bit.

Sometimes you can allow the check pop-up but then the Additional Remittance pop-up is not allowed and will make a small red X in the top right corner of the URL bar and may need to be allowed individually or set the site as trusted so all pop-ups are allowed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@hayleehicks18 They two reports are separate, the check form pops first, then the Additional Remittance form pops up. This is the same even when processing many payments.

All the payments appear in one pop-up for the checks, then the additional remittance pops, just like it was a single check.

At least this is how it works in my sales demo, I had tested printing 10 or 15 checks and one of them in the middle had the remittance pop up and it all worked.

I’m certain it has to be a pop up issue or the user somehow doesn’t have access to some part of it, but that seems less likely from my experience.

Usually the access issue is to the cash account and that prevents the checks from even printing, I haven’t seen someone restrict the additional remittance report

Userlevel 4
Badge

Was this ever resolved? We are looking at turning on the additional remittance form as well and in testing, it is printing blank. Form is the default form and doesn’t appear to be working correctly.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @BenjaminCrisman! Yes the settings look the same. I did get the additional remittance to display text by inputting the check data manually on the printed form screen. Should the additional remittance form show up when batch processing checks and when there is one that has over 10 lines? It only appears to show the check forms and does not show the additional remittance automatically. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @hayleehicks18 ! This won’t work for Batch payments, if you are specifying to pay via batch, then the remittance option isn’t available:

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @BenjaminCrisman  - Sorry wrong verbiage. The Print Checks option is selected. They are processing in bulk using the Process Payments/Print Checks screen. In doing so, the normal check form is popping up, but the additional remittance page is not automatically included when a check has more than 10 lines.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@BenjaminCrisman - Not yet. I’m waiting on a response after providing some of Laura’s suggestions. In the normal process, does the check form open up and then the additional remittance form pop up in a separate window? Or is it all in one? I guess I’m also looking for what is the correct process for how this should work as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi

Please verify for any changes the Check “Payment Method“ → Ap Settings tab. 

Although more information is required on what modules are added, and what configurations are changed, 

Thanks

Hi

Please verify for any changes the Check “Payment Method“ → Ap Settings tab. 

Although more information is required on what modules are added, and what configurations are changed, 

Thanks

Yes, I have checked the setting on the Check “payment method” and everything appears to be the same. Correct check remittance form number is populated. 

We installed the inventory and Order Management modules. Don’t know if these modules would alter any setting previously set. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved