Skip to main content
Solved

Adding an Attribute to Purchase Order Generic Inquiry

• 30 May 2024
  • 4 replies

I am trying to add an attribute that I added to all of my vendors called VENDORTYPE to the Purchase Order Generic Inquiry as an additional column. I am trying to add in the Vendor table and join it so the attribute will be available to pull into the inquiry, however when looking for the attribute in the Results Grid options, it isn’t appearing.

I think I must be adding in the table wrong or joining it incorrectly. Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @brettsolomon ,

Assuming that you have joined the Vendor table to the POOrder, you should be able to find the column named VENDORTYPE_Attributes to add to the results.  

Hope this helps!

Laura

Hi Laura,

Thanks for the reply! I feel like I am joining the two tables incorrectly still as I’m not seeing the attribute available to select. This is what I have currently on the Relations tab. Any thoughts?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @brettsolomon ,

The table you want is probably Vendor, not POVendor. 

A trick to finding the correct DAC is to open the screen (e.g. Vendors) and use inspect element.   

If you aren’t sure about the joins, the Add Related Table button in the GI builder is useful. 

You only need to specify the tablename.fieldname on the relation if parent field is not in the Parent Table or the child field is not in the Child Table.  Otherwise, the tablename is assumed.  If you can’t find the field then it’s often a sign that your join is incorrect or you have the wrong fieldname.  On your join you have actually specified the same field (POOrder.VendorID) twice. 

This is how my join to the Vendor DAC looks:

Hope this helps!

Laura

It looks like that worked! Thank you so much, I really appreciate it