Skip to main content
Solved

Acumatica Report Serial Number from 1 - 100 and Duplicate grid

• 24 July 2024
  • 3 replies

hi, I am working on a report. I have passed Parameter name “Items” which is attach with inventoryitems. When I am selecting Items in parameter and running reports its duplicating the grids two time (as shown in picture below) .

1. In the QTY column i want user to select the QTY from parameter. that must be from 1-100. Is there any way to do that? If yes please guide me on this. 
  2. I wa unable to see my tables after creating relation between customer and address so I make relation of these tables like this as shown in picture is this causing the issue? I dont want to join Inventory table with any other. but without relation it was added but not shown.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @tahayabali ,

Are you prompting for both the InventoryID and the  bAccountID?  You can use a cross join to relate two tables that don't have a natural relationship, but without some conditions you will end up with duplicates.  Also, the INUnit table should be joined to InventoryID.  You can use the DAC browser in Acumatica to explore the relationships between tables.

If your goal is to print sales order details, you might start with the tables SOOrder and SOLine.  You can join SOOrder with Customer, and SOLine with InventoryItem.  The standard sales order acknowledgement report is a good starting point.  

I'm not quite following what you are trying to accomplish with the qty or the serial numbers.  Please provide a little more explanation and I be able to assist further.

Laura 

Userlevel 3
Badge
  1. hi @lauraj46  I have joined the Inunit table with the inventory item but it’s raising an error “We are sorry an error occurred while processing your request. What I am trying to do is that I just want one parameter from Inventory item that hasall Inventory and the second parameter that has UOM pallets and Boxes. This will be printed in report grid under type and Item description colums.
  1. For QTY is just want a parameter that has number from 1-100 so that user can select what ever quantity they want to be in report. For example is user selects 10 for item 1 so that it will print under QTY column in report.

2. My goal is not to print SO or SO line just want to automate the process of Bill of lading before making invoices.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @tahayabali ,

Click Show trace to view the error details.

Based on what you are describing, I'm not sure you need the INUnit table in your schema at all. You can configure a lookup for the Parameter from a table that isn't included in the schema.  There are examples of this in the standard reports.  Use the Parameter value itself in the formula for the report textfield value.

It will be awkward using parameters to populate more than one row of the grid.  You would need one parameter for each column of each possible line.  That's why a BOL report is often run off of SOShipment.  This also makes for a more natural join to the customer and address.  You can use the Shipment Confirmation report as a starting point.

Hope this helps!

Laura