Skip to main content

Hi Acumatica MFG People, 

We have service contracts that include a replenish plan for stock items which are manufactured.

I create schedules, one with a yearly schedule to replace some equipment, which we manufacture.

I initiate the action, "Generate from service contracts", on my service contract schedule and get a service order which includes my item replenishment and some inspection work.

My question to you all is, "I am looking to see if MRP picks up the demand of this replenishment (these are MFG stocked items).

I look at the Inventory Allocatin Details report for this part and I do see the demand from this service order.

I would assume with the right set-ups, execution of MRP will create production order to account for this demand, right?

I probably need to take a different direction than a service contract and service order because I have no way to account for the shipping of the inventory to the customer as part of the appointment, right?

Thanks,

Patrick

MRP is not written to consider demand for the Service module.  You would need to create a Sales Order to trigger the demand for the item.