Skip to main content
Question

Configuration Copying on SO Lines and Configuration Output Report

• 22 July 2024
  • 6 replies

Does anyone have a good method of copying a sales order line with a configuration? We have a client who often needs to copy a configuration and then make a small change to that configuration. They are looking for a way to easily copy the configuration instead of have to go through the selections again. Anybody have any ideas? 

They were also lookin to try and get a report of the configuration output but also not sure if anyone has done anything like that?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Is there any other lines on the Sales Order apart from this line as you could have it saved as a Sales Order Template

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

A SO template wouldn’t work, as they are doing multiple lines that share a configuration, but the configuration changes at each quote or SO. They may even have multiple configured lines on an SO. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Just a thought i think you will need a customisation

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@jeremyd45 If you are copying a sales order, if you use “Copy Order” command available in the More menu of the SO301000 form. It does provide an option to copy configuration as well.

If you are not copying the sales order itself, i would recommend using Config. Key.
After adding SO line and selecting config. key, if you configure the SO line again system will auto generate a new config key. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I will have to play around with that. They are only copying the lines on the SO, so the configuration key may work. I may poke around with that and see if I can get that to work, thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @jeremyd45 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!