Skip to main content
Solved

Adding User Define Field to Main Screen - Schema Field/Selector not working

• 21 August 2024
  • 7 replies

I am trying to copy a User Defined Field (UDF) from the UDF tab to the main Document tab on the AP Bills and Adjustments screen. One of our UDFs uses the selector tool to pick an employee name. Thanks to @dgross’s videos, I can move the UDF to the main screen, but the selector field is not recognized. I am getting this warning when with the customization

The UDF is set up like this and is working when in its own UDF tab 

In the Customization, the Attribute (APAPPROVE) control shows TextEdit not Selector. I have tried multiple times to change to Selector and save it, without success. In some instances, the ID under Base properties changed from TextEdit to a selector, but the Controls still showed TextEdit and that is when I would get the error noted above (PX Selector Attribute is missing). Any thoughts on how to fix this?  

@annetrockman27 Can you please share the customization package for our review.

@Naveen Boga  - attached is the exported customization project. Thanks so much for helping!

This has the Control listed as TextEdit as I am unable to save it with the Selector as the control. 

@annetrockman27 Thanks for sharing the package.

UDF will works under the User Defined Fields tab only as these are the dynamic fields and can’t be added in other forms.

If you wanted to add the field in other form it should be a custom field and should be prefix as Usr. Please let me know if you need any help to add the custom fields.

I hope this info helps you. 

Thanks for your help! What is the difference between a “User Defined Field” and a custom field? And please let me know the best process for adding a custom field to the main AP document. Can we create a custom field and use a schema/selector (to select an employee in the drop down)?

@annetrockman27  Basically, User Defined fields created from the Attributes using the Manage User Defined Fields in the screen level (No Coding required).

Custom Fields are created using the Customization Project Editor or code level like creating the database field and DAC field add the script in the customization package.

Yes, we can create Selector/Dropdown fields with the Custom fields

What is the process for adding a custom field using the Customization Project Editor? Thanks in advance!

I recommend to follow the below tutorial or you can even go through the Application Developer Certifications.