Skip to main content
Solved

Update of owner on Sales Order

• 25 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi All, 

I am attempting to do an import that I know I have done before, but is not working currently! I have an existing open Sales Order (Status  = Open). On that order I want to populate the owner field. The keys being the order type and order number. I also added customer as I have had experiences in the past where for some reason, it throws an error is not there. Anyone have any thoughts?! Starting to go a little insane looking at it!

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hello @BDanhardt70 

Owner field is not editable when order status is Open.
If you can’t manually update a field it won’t be possible to update it with an import scenario.

In this case, you can try adding hold Action to the scenario mapping to enable this field and then at the end map Remove from Hold Action.

Something like this:

Hope this clarifies.

Badge +12

Also worth mentioning that at least in the UI, if the Workgroup is populated and the employee you are attempting to set as the Owner is not in that Workgroup, you’ll have to remove the Workgroup before setting the Owner.

Userlevel 1

@darylbowman @riglesias Thank you for the responses! 

In this case the owner field was open for editing, working when I manually updated. Problem was “Owner” in this case is looking for the Contact ID (of the employee). I did get it to work with having this ID. The field I was importing had the name.

I have not gotten back to it yet to confirm if I could map the name to a different field to use that instead (which typically would be a more practical use case in my opinion). I will leave this thread open until I confirm!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @BDanhardt70,

If you have the Employee names in the data provider, another thing you can try is to map the field as  “Owner -> Contact”. This would be the same as looking under Contact column for this field.