Skip to main content
Solved

Template Items- Default row Import scenario execution

• 21 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi Everyone!

@KarthikGajendran May be you can help here.

We have 1000+ Items which contains only one variant. 

For an example

CURTIS is my Inventory and below are child items

Color is my variant.

Now I want to create a Template Item and assign Template ID to child items

When I am creating a template ID, We need to assign a default row and column in the configuration.

But I want to update all 1000 + Items only either as default row and column, but system shows two are mandatory,

Manually I am marking all other variants marked as not required which allows one default row/coumn as a mandatory and saving the record but I want to implement same steps in the import scenario for 1000+ Items

Please assist me how to execute above scenairo in imports

How we are handling Import if we have only one variant?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @manikantad18 

Currently the Import scenario isnot feasible to disable all attribute all at once ( Top check grid field) , need to handle throught scripts or customization.

Thank you

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I have the same problem with 3000 template items with most having a single variant and so far so solution has been offered.  I have asked what table controls the template configuration attribute so we can do a script of customization.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Insert into CSAnswers values(2, '2d0663a5-92cf-eb11-8187-1258ac606a98', 'QOSIZE', null, 0, newid(), 0, 0, 'QOSIZE')

I have used the above script to uncheck the attribute checkbox 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Can you explaining the data in the script?  I have different variants to uncheck based on template item I need to import..  I was thinking to create a dummy column variant to work around the issue where I only need a row variant but then I would need to be able to uncheck the unneeded variants and remove the default column variant. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @dgodsill97 

It seems that you need to check with the developer once.

The above scripts were given by our developer to uncheck the attributes.