Solved

How can we commit approved ECOs as a process?

• 2 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Is there a way to configure a process for the ECO Commit Changes to BOM action? 

The action can be called from a Generic Inquiry or as an import scenario action.  However, because this action launches the Bill of Material screen, the import scenario doesn’t work.  Similarly, the GI action launches the BOM, but requires the user to click ‘Save’. 

Ideas?

icon

Best answer by lauraj46 14 December 2023, 17:58

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@lauraj46, I do not know of a method to commit multiple EOs to multiple BOMs at one time. I think you are on the right track with the import scenario. Would it make sense to import the changes to the BOMs and then update the status of the ECO’s to approved? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @andrestamour43 ,

Thanks for the reply.  The import scenario doesn’t work to commit the ECOs, I think because there is no way to “Save” the revised BOM which is created on a different screen.  These ECOs would already be in the Approved status. 

It seems like the only method to automate this is to import the changes to the BOM and bypass the ECO altogether.  Preferably the changes would be made on a new revision of the BOM.  We are also having trouble using an import scenario to create a new revision of an existing BOM.  The copy action works, but this creates a new BOM - not a new revision.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @lauraj46 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Chris Hackett ,

We were not able to find a solution.  I created an idea. For now the users will review and commit each ECO individually.

Laura 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved