Skip to main content
Solved

10,000 line import scenario limit - tools to help with large imports

• 11 December 2023
  • 2 replies

My Acumatica reseller told me that the limit for a single import using either an SQL table or excel spreadsheet based import scenario is 10,000 lines. The seems a bit small given the fact I can import much larger datasets into the free version of MSSQL using and excel spreadsheet.

My question then is if that is indeed a limit, and I have over 250,000 activities to import into the CRM portion of Acumatica, is there a tool that anyone know of that can take a large excel spreadsheet of all the 250,000 activities and automatically generate smaller excel spreadsheets of no more that 10,000 lines so I can import them into Acumatica using and import scenario. Any tools or approaches that others have used to import large amounts of data that go beyond 10,000 lines would be greatly appreciated.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @mtcook 

I’m not aware of such a limit for import scenarios but there is a limit on the number of lines per transaction. You can see limits on the License Monitoring Console screen for your specific license.

I’ve loaded more than 250000 service orders using an import scenario.  It might timeout and need to be restarted a number of times but it works.  However, for quicker import with that many records, it is generally a good idea to use the API to send in large number of records.

Best,

David

Badge +18

Hello @mtcook ,

I agree with David. - 10,000 is not an upper limit for import lines.

I have loaded files with over 120,000 GL transaction lines, also 50,000 Stock items at once.

As David mentions, sometimes import scenarios do time out. Sometimes the records are all marked processed when some did not import. Sometimes records are imported but not marked as processed.

Rule of thumb: check imported records compared  to the spreadsheet source- total the imported batch/document counts and amounts back to the sheet (by fiscal period) before releasing.

Laura