Skip to main content

How do you get a Vendor bill to connect to Avalara so that use tax will calculated?

Hi,

Is the Avalara Tax Zone connected to the Purchasing tab of the Vendor’s profile screen?

Laura

Yes. It shows up in Taxes with the correct Tax ID but the taxable amount is zero. The line item is marked Taxable in the details. Also it shows a yellow ! next to the tax line “Use tax is excluded from tax total”.

Hello,

Is there a Tax Zone on your Company/Branch shipping instructions? If not, please add a zone and see whether tax calculates in AP.

If the company/branch has a zone and tax still does not calculate in AP - try toggling Calculate in AP field in the Tax Zone screen - does it make any difference in the calculation of Use tax (or the warning message) if you change this setting?

Laura

I added the Tax Zone to company and that did not change anything. 

I then changed the Calculate in AP from Use tax to Sales Tax and that did not change anything.

I have Use tax set up in Taxes as follows.

Hello,

I think there are Avalara settings, not only in Acumatica but on the Avalara/Avatax website. I have never worked with the Avalara website configuration settings. I can’t be sure the problem is in Acumatica.

I searched and found a few related Avalara Use Tax videos on You Tube. The next step may be to contact Avalara to ask this question.

Best,

Laura