Solved

Updating Payment info in Customers with open invoices and purchase orders

• 27 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

Checking to see if there is a fix being done on a present situation in Acumatica involving updating Customer payment information.  Here is the issue:

A customer started out originally being a "Check" customer meaning they get paper checks.  The customer now wants to do ACH payments.  When we update the payment information for the customer, any invoice that is already entered to the customer when they were a "Check" payment will not be converted over to ACH payments.  It will only go by check because when it was entered, "Check" was the payment option.  The only way to make it go ACH is to reverse all of the invoices and re-enter AFTER the ACH information is updated in the Customer File.  BUT if you re-enter the invoice under the ACH payment information but you attach the invoice to a purchase order that was entered BEFORE the payment information was updated, the invoice will not show up on EITHER Prepare Payments reports.  Just had another one where the invoice was entered after the ACH info was updated but since it was attached to a PO that was entered before the payment info was updated, it never came up as an invoice to pay and ended up going past due.  The only reason we knew was because the company called asking about payment.  I had to reverse the entire invoice and detach the PO in order to be able to pay it.  I was just checking to see if this is something that is being looked at for future updates.

icon

Best answer by ChandraM 2 November 2021, 22:29

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @kgawryluk80 In the scenario you mentioned, on the AP Bill Side (if I read correctly), you can update the Payment Method after releasing the AP Bill. Just let me know if this helps you.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @kgawryluk80 Here is the screenshot of the Released AP Bill that allows you to change the Payment Method. You can change the Payment Method here, and you do not have to reverse the AP bill. Please let me know if this works!!

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @kgawryluk80 Please find the below screenshot of the Invoice and Memos screen that allows to change the Payment Method after releasing the Invoice. Let me know if this works!!

Thanks

Userlevel 2

Looks like it works!  I did a test run and I think we are good!  Not sure how to fix the situation when the PO causes the invoice to change back to the original settings but at least we can double check it before we do the check run.  Thank you for you help!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @kgawryluk80 Thanks for the update. For the below query, you can create a generic inquiry in Acumatica to show the Payment Methods for the Bills created from Purchase Order flow. And then change it if required.

1. Not sure how to fix the situation when the PO causes the invoice to change back to the original settings but at least we can double check it before we do the check run.

Thanks

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved